1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Working toward healthy sex life

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Bearish, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Gamekeeper89

Gamekeeper89 Fapstronaut

He sounds like a wonderful man:)

Dasha likes this.
  2. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Well...pretty near miss today. I'm home sick and found myself browsing YouTube, and soon enough, I'd stumbled onto this Japanese video of a masseur giving his client an erotic massage. Damn. That stuff is everywhere. After a while, I caught myself and left it behind without succumbing completely. Just wanted to be honest..

It's a beautiful day, and yet I have very little energy. It's partly being sick, but it's also not really knowing what to do with myself. So much of my energy before was trying to keep a lid on my libido--either through quick PMO sessions or channeling the pressure into hobbies--so that I wouldn't have to fight against the fear of intimacy. Now, with no need to stay isolated, I don't really have ready interest in all my various projects. I expect this is a facet of flatlining. I'm not sure who I'm becoming in this next phase. Things are still exciting with my husband but very unsettled.

I'm enjoying connecting with the community here. Thanks, all, for the great conversation and camaraderie.

3. Gamekeeper89

Gamekeeper89 Fapstronaut

Sometimes we have days when little seems to interest or enliven us. But don't worry, your passions and interests in life are not so transient as that. They will reappear and remind you of why you love them when you least expect it. That's what I have found.

4. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Well, having had a bad night with my virus or whatever it is, and my husband having got up to go make coffee and do the morning routine, and knowing that we have a follow-up date with the therapist this evening, I just said, "what the hell?" and did the same thing that worked a few days ago: The aneros for a little while, without P, and then lubrication, and it was all right there. I tried to go slowly, but still ended up with a bit of a tight grip, but it was definitely better. The full release.

I've reached some conclusions this morning:

First, I can't live my life waiting for the next "window of opportunity" for the next chance to O. It just becomes another distraction and heaps more pressure on me. If I start to dwell on the frustration of DE and get all stopped up with it, I need to allow myself some relief, without P and without relying on the death grip.

Second, I am clearly becoming more sensitive, and I'm getting used to "wet" rather than "dry" M. There is a lot of numbness on the shaft from years of friction, but I think this is just a matter of learning a new set of sensations.

Third, my DE is definitely psychological in some way I can't see yet. Earlier in life, I had all sorts of blocks, and I could feel them swirling in my mind during sex: "I'll never make it before he does, and I'll be left behind." "It's taking too long, and he's going to give up." "Why can't I enjoy this like any other man..?" ...and so on. So now the question for the therapist this evening is how to dig underneath to see what this DE is all about. It's not that there isn't enough stimulation. It's not that I'm worried my husband won't take whatever time I need or "leave me behind" in his own O. It's not that the medications are preventing O. So what's the road inward to sort out this DE issue, as we sorted out the whole married intimacy puzzle?

I am more hopeful about this situation than I've ever been in my life, having eliminated all sorts of reasons from the analysis, thanks to my patient husband.

StrivingMan and Gamekeeper89 like this.
  5. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Well, we officially declared our couples couseling "finished" last night. It's surreal: one year and a bit to accomplish some heavy rewiring of my brain. His advice about ongoing DE, as I interpret it, was about re-attuning my pleasure centers to amdifferent sort of eroticism than P, to play with my husband in order to discover where the "tipping point" between the wonderful sensory feelings and the mechanical, grip hard and pound in order to reach O. But the emphasis was on play and exploration, and I have patience for that at the moment.

I'm now one month without P, and I will be looking for ways to swap out the P images in my mind with real memories and anticipation of my husband. Never thought I'd be able to do that. Never in a million....

Now, please, if I could get over this virus....ugh.

guyinsideout and Gamekeeper89 like this.
  6. ariesbears

ariesbears Fapstronaut

Wow. Ama
    Wow. Amazing story. Your search for that one moment in time to feel what it is to really be a man. Will re-read your story for a better understanding and careful response. My heartfelt respect to you and your partner.

7. ariesbears

ariesbears Fapstronaut

8. ariesbears

ariesbears Fapstronaut

Been reading through your journal for a better understanding. Correct me if i am wrong. You can O with PMO but is difficult when with your partner to O.

Thats the base of your situation and will like to O with him when intimate. Am i right.

9. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Yes. It's been difficult over the years to figure out where the root of the problem lay, so figuring out how to move beyond it has been difficult, too.

10. ariesbears

ariesbears Fapstronaut

Hummmm. Ok. I'm no therapist but will try to assist with my knowledge as a layman. Sometimes our problems are as simple as what we do on a daily basis.
    What complicates it is the quick fixes and all the window dressings.

Bottom line there is love between you and your partner which is the most important aspect . With that you just have to grow and develop that love unity between both of you.

Your mind is your greatest aphrodisiac . Combine that with the love you both share there will be nothing to come between that. Hope it works out for you.

Look me up anytime you feel the need. Cheers bro.

11. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Thanks very much, I appreciate that. I hope you're doing well, yourself!

12. ariesbears

ariesbears Fapstronaut

Thanks. I am doing ok for now. I am at a turning point in my life where I am contemplating changing jobs. Presently on three days leave to get my thoughts together.See what my options are. Its not an over night change but its a start.

Having a wife and 18 year old daughter makes my decision even more difficult as it will affect them with what i decide.

Cheers.

13. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Change is both unsettling and exciting. Some of my most painful career moments--being laid off--actually led to much better, more creative roles and work somewhere else. So let me know how your decisions progress. I'll be interested in supporting you through that, as well as through our work here.

14. ariesbears

ariesbears Fapstronaut

Thanks. I appreciate all support.

15. ariesbears

ariesbears Fapstronaut

Hey. How was your sat. I had a long day doing a delivery with our delivery guy around our country. It gave me the opportunity to see an extensive area of our country an some of our great beaches.

16. Sound Boy

Sound Boy Fapstronaut

Your honest account of your life and your partnership is inspirational. Thanks for sharing it here.
    Without sounding condescending, I think your sex life will only change through practice of it. Know what I mean? You just need to keep on keeping on with it and as you become more familiar with each others bodies and your own the sex will improve. I think men place a high premium on ejaculation (and I get the whole blue balls thing, of course) but perhaps the pleasure can be as much in the process as in the outcome (pun intended).
    I hope I'm not off target or condescending here. Just some thoughts on what you've described.
    All the best.

17. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

You're certainly right. I try hard to be patient and just go with the process. It would be easier if I knew for sure that something would happen eventually. Faith.

But thank you for your kind support.

18. arken3

arken3 Fapstronaut

I know you haven't been on this site in a long time, but I wanted to post here that I am very grateful to hear stories like this one. It's a very unique story, and has the added bonus of being specific to the LGBT community and the 50+ age bracket. Thanks for sharing something deeply personal to benefit the rest of us.