1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Workout laziness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by __zeXon__, Aug 26, 2018.

1. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

I just dont feel like doing it anymore. Months have passed since my last workout. I've been doing calisthenics/street workout since 2014. I achieved the body i want and i feel confident about it but i know i could achieve even more but im just too lazy to train anymore. No youtube video or person could get me to grab the bar either. How can i overcome this state of mind?

2. Try a different style of training?

3. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

Tried, it didnt work

4. Maybe you’ve just lost interest. There’s not much you can really do about that.

The only other thing I’d say is get a workout buddy.

I can see how you don’t have the same amount of passion for it as before but to see it as a chore or completely boring sucks.

__zeXon__ likes this.
  5. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

Yeah, maybe ur right. I dont know. During these few months of inactivity i've been a lot into fighting, i also boxed for a few months. Maybe i should start boxing again

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Hell yeah go for it

7. dontdoitcharlie

dontdoitcharlie Fapstronaut

Take up a sport or martial art that provides similar exercise. Boxing, BJJ, Crossfit, or something competitive like Olympic lifting.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Find a purpose for your workout. Why would I want to get even stronger /better?

9. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

There's no tip or video that can help, it's simply a matter of wanting to do it because you enjoy it. If you don't enjoy something you will never stick with it... Having "motivation" is kind of ridiculous IMO, fitness is a hobby and a lifestyle. Does the guy that goes golfing for 6 hours on a Saturday need motivation for that? Does the guy who plays basketball for 4 hours a night need motivation for that? No, it's what they enjoy doing, it brings them joy, it's what they WANT to do with their time. If you don't enjoy it, then that isn't your passion and you need to give it up.... Pick up another physical hobby that actually interests you and you won't be searching for the magic motivation, you'll simply want to do it because it gives you happiness and joy.