1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Worried about upcoming date.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by ClassyKing, Aug 4, 2018.

1. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

So I'm exciting for my upcoming date with my boyfriend, but I'm also worried. This is the first date we are having since I started rebooting from PMO. Before we use to be very active in our sex lives. I'm worried if I'm alone with him he might try to have sex with, and since I'm so attracted to him I might let him do it. How do I avoid putting myself in that situation?

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Communication.

Set a boundary with him. Tell him how important it is to you that it doesn't happen.

The rest is up to you.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  3. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Like @elevate said, boundaries. Also, you could have the date in a public place, and avoid being alone together! If you're only going on no-PMO mode for another week, your boyfriend should be able to wait a week if he loves you! After your two weeks, are you planning on going to normal no-PM mode?

4. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

My plan was to make short goals for myself. First to make it to 2 weeks in hard mode, than to a month, than to 90 days. I honestly feel like I should change the parameters to normal mode for my boyfriend though. I'm worried that I'm unintentionally making him abstain along with me.

5. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Do whatever works for you. I chose normal mode so since sex with my wife is so important to our relationship. But it's your choice. Perhaps a hard mode reboot is quicker? Plus in hard mode there's no chaser effect to have to deal with.

ClassyKing likes this.
  6. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

This is true. Thanks for the advice!

kropo82 likes this.
  7. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Talk to him about it, so he knows what is going on. I can imagine he'd feel hurt if you reject his advances, if he is not aware of the reason why, which could cause a lot of unnecessary drama. Communication is key.

ClassyKing and kropo82 like this.
  8. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

Oh he is well aware of what I'm doing, and he supports it. My problem is since we are usually long distance and dont see each other in person too often, the urges are gonna be really strong for both of us.

9. I cannot help but be curious to want to ask. How are long-distance relationships supported? Personally I can't ever imagine myself being in one because of my past bad experiences of trying to be in one.

10. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

It helps to always be in contact, we are always texting or video chatting. We meet in person every couple of weeks for a date. Most important is that you like the person enough to make it work.

11. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know how my date went since you all were thoughtful enough to give me advice.

We talked about it, and he definitely doesn't want me to do anything I don't want to do.....but I came prepared ;).

I slipped on a jockstrap and cup before the date. The minute we get into his car together, he reaches for the groin. Boy was he upset when he realized what I was wearing XD.

I'll go into more detail in my journal entry tonight if anyone wants to know.