Would you Die for Jesus?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Ju@n

[email protected] Fapstronaut

37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
    38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
    39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. - Matthew 10:37-39

Been having trouble with loving God the most. What are the steps to loving God, a being who is not physical? I know we live by God’s mercy and I am infinitely grateful for that, but I still don’t feel close to him.

I like this quote because it spits straight facts. Definitely one of my main motivators for me to do NF. This verse just saved me from pm today.

Nuhope and jenthleth like this.
  2. mrtumnus

mrtumnus Fapstronaut

I struggle with this also (so many struggles!). I think the conduit to loving God is Jesus himself. He's the one that did become physical and related directly to mankind. Studying his actions and the love he showed to everyone around him can really help stir a fondness and respect for God. If you can feel close to Jesus, he can bring you closer to the Father & Spirit, him being in perfect union with them already.

jenthleth and [email protected] like this.
  3. Tao Jones

Tao Jones Fapstronaut

1 John 5:2-3 English Standard Version (ESV)
    2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

What are his commandments?

Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)
    36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
    37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

John 13:34-35 New International Version (NIV)
    34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Matthew 28:18-20 New International Version (NIV)
    18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

We can obey God, showing our love for him, without feeling close to him. This is often the way that it goes. Our feelings are not always reliable indicators of reality. Part of faith is continuing on in your right response to his revelation of himself to you long after the glory has faded.

But how can we feel more connected with the Father? Well, do you know your sacred pathway?
    https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/2988a589/files/uploaded/sacred-pathways.pdf

Hope this helps!

[email protected] and mrtumnus like this.
  4. Ju@n

[email protected] Fapstronaut

Thanks man, it definitely helped. I’ll take a look at that pathways thing today, very interesting. :)

Nuhope and Tao Jones like this.