1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you have a problem with your neighbour if they were hardly ever home?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, Aug 24, 2020.

1. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Would you have a problem with your neighbour if they were hardly ever home and you basically never seen them? Almost to the point where you thought that they hardly ever lived there.

Would you have a problem with your neighbour for this? Would this sort of behaviour make you dislike your neighbour?

2. No, it wouldn’t, shouldn’t bother anyone, I don’t think.

onceaking, Abzu and The Passenger like this.
  3. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

That's the kind of neighbor I'd want.

4. Before Corona I was that neighbor. I was constantly at work, traveling around the country, or out at some sort of Meetup event. Only home to sleep n eat.

I wish my next door neighbor was like that. He and his whole family are a bloody nuisance. I have to put up with noise, terrible smells, and the constant goings n comings of their gangster friends. Wish I could move!

onceaking likes this.
  5. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

No. You’d rather them be loud, obnoxious and ever present?

6. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Imagine you were doing this, and the next time your neighbour seen you they somewhat raised their voice to you interrogating you about what you were doing.

If your neighbour did this to you, do you think this would warrant you saying to them mind your own business or f*ck off?

7. I actually wouldn't even reply.
    My life, motives, goals and aspirations are my business and there's not a man or woman alive, other than my parents and potential employers, who have the right to know what they are.

8. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Probably good advice. Just don't even acknowledge them.

9. Never had the raised voice and interrogation. That I would certainly ignore.

Have had a concerned friendly neighbor who was checking that I was okay. He’s someone I get along with great.

10. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Do you think that your neighbor dislikes you? How would you describe yourself as a neighbor?

11. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

They don't really know me because I do my best to avoid all of my neighbours because of extreme social anxiety. But because they don't really know me and hardly ever see me, this seems to make a few of my neighbours suspicious of me and not like me.

12. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Same with me. I’ve lived on my street for eight years and I’m not on a first name basis with any of my neighbors. They probably think I’m a psychopath.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  13. No, I'd be chuffed if they were never home, but that's because I bloody well hate them. Even if I didn't hate them, nobody in my neighbourhood knows me as I don't talk to anyone, and am only outside if I need to do something. I've made it a point in my life that I'm not interested in conversing unless I absolutely have to.

In all these years I never once got to "know" my neighbour as that's definitely not my thing, but honestly as long as they're not loud or arseholes what they do is none of my business, and vice versa.

onceaking likes this.
  14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

No, I would have a problem if a neighbour harassed me. I wish our neighbours were hardly ever home because they have the tendency to complain about everything.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. I would love neighbors who were never around. I would also love neighbors who thought I was the psychopath to stay away from. These are community goals for me.

16. Reeed

Reeed Fapstronaut

It seems many here prefer having neighbors who are always not around and mind there business its interesting. From the part of African where I come from, its different. Its not about the immediate nieghbour but the entire neighborhood. The community interact like a family, often times we can tell every member of the community by name and thier household, this is more so in communities where they all speak same language because often times the comunity is a product of a single family hundreds of years ago who have multiplied into extended families over the years. Though this gradually fading away. So the point is its absolutely impossible to be a solo neighbor here.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

They’re actually not that hard to find.

18. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Must feel nice to be connected.

Reeed likes this.
  19. Reeed

Reeed Fapstronaut

Sure