1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"You can't say you love animals if you still eat meat."

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by dogeatdog, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Seriously?
    Seriously? None of this make sense. Energy is not transferred the way you think. There is something called the law of conservation of energy. Besides if early humans didn't consume meat we would not have the brain capacity we have now. See this article based on a Nature study:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/?amp=true

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

What even make you think so?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Cant help but notice both of you have profile pics of Anakin from ROTS.

[​IMG]

4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Oh mate that gif seriously cracked me up lol

5. There's nothing in what I stated that contradicts the law of conservation of energy. Perhaps you need to understand that energy cannot be used twice. The energy that the animal used from the plants that it ate is already used and cannot be used again. For example, about 50% of what we eat goes to heat (thermal homeostasis for homeotherms). Once the energy has been used to heat the body, that energy is no longer retained. If you eat the animal's flesh, that spent energy does not pass along to you--it's already been used to make heat which has dissipated into the atmosphere. The energy didn't get lost to the universe--it still is present in another form within the environment--but it was lost to you. You will get no benefit from it in terms of calories eaten.

SeaChange likes this.
  6. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Huh? Wth you talking about? Definitely not science. Can your body differentiate between the source of the energy? By that argument the same energy from a plant based diet is lost as heat.

Seriously, are you a biologist or a troll?

7. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Always two there is!

8. I suppose it depends on your definition of "lost," but I would prefer to use the word "used" in this context. Yes, we use roughly half of what we eat just to keep ourselves warm, depending on how much we eat and how warm our environment is already. But, suppose I have eaten a 100-calorie cookie, used half of its energy to warm myself, and then you eat me. How many calories are left in me from that cookie? If it helps you to understand, imagine how much food you have eaten in your whole life and then how much energy that would be. How much of that would the lion who eats you actually get? Would the lion get the full energy of all those plants (and animals) that you have eaten? If not, where did that energy go?

SeaChange likes this.
  9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

No more, no less.

Anakin66 likes this.
  10. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Good thing that we get out our energy from it's stored mollecular forms and from the compounds formed by the metabolism of what we eat, subjected both to bioavailability of course and not the energy that dissipates after using the mollecular material in their metabolism, right? "Mr Biologist" Did you get your degree playing bingo? Or you just claim to be a biologist?

11. Inloverber

Inloverber Fapstronaut

Meat is a great source of protein and nutrition. You know what is the acceptable meat to eat.