1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Biggest Loss of Money

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Oct 15, 2018.

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, i found out today that i lost my 95$ cheque. And it's because of my forgetfulness and silliness. I left it in my pocket and it was destroyed in the washing machine. I feel very stupid, regretful and despair. I'm on my 8th day of nofap and i lost hope when i found this out. Anyway, i want to hear your biggest lost. In that way, maybe i wouldn't feel too bad knowing that i'm not alone...

2. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

If you want to feel better about yourself, I completely went cold turkey on my facebook account because that website is complete shit. Sorry for my bad language, but it is the truth, and I rarely used to get any likes or replies whatsoever and now I just am on other websites like this one and youtube. I guess on Facebook you gotta have like one thousand friends in order to get some decent attention, shit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

What are you talking about? My thread is about " Your biggest loss of money " for e.g. Scams and Forgetfullness.

4. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

It doesn't have to include money, it can include just about anything, money isn't the biggest issue here that some of us are going through at the moment.

5. I lost a $1200 check once, so don't feel too bad lol.

Abzu, Agent, ShotDunyun and 2 others like this.
  6. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I mean specifically i said in my thread that this would be about the loss of money. Why are you trying to change my subject?

7. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Woah that is very harsh, i would literally hang on a rope, what the hell... tell me about your thoughts when you heard about losing it?

8. Arghy

Arghy Fapstronaut

I lost my security card and for some reasons i had to pay taxi to sign a contract.
    40 $ lost .

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  9. I was pretty frantic at first, searching everywhere for it, but once I realised it was gone I calmed down and basically said "oh well". I try not to let things like that get to me too bad, suit happens.

10. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

That's sad... i feel like we should really discipline ourselves to increase our memory and to have a better awareness. But idk how honestly.

11. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Actually, i did'nt really freaked out but. This is was my first time losing 95$. Previously i lost 10$ but this was a big jump. I felt very bad and regretful. I started to have headaches. Like right now, because it happened today. Anyway, I can't believe you did'nt go crazy and start to rampage. Patience would never be on my mind as it would probably traumatize me for months if i were you.

12. Well I make pretty decent money, so I figured I could just make it up. If I had a regular job I would probably freak more lol

13. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I don't even have a job and still in mid school. That 95$ was provided by my school for me to spend in on food and other basic necessities. Most of the time i save 100% of it to buy my own needs such as game. So that's why i was kinda freaked out when i found out that my 95$ was destroyed.

14. Yeah, I don't blame you, I'd be worried too

15. Kimpossible9

Kimpossible9 Fapstronaut

Lonelydude, asking people that if they've done the same mistake as you won't help you . Try to focus on improving yourself, practice mindfulness and you won't lose ur money again

16. To be fair for Bruce Wayne that is a trip to coinstar.

17. I bought a horrible car and was essentially scammed out of $1800 when it was all said and done. Not really the same thing I know but I still pisses me off to this day.

18. Thats what i'm saying lol

19. Could you contact the school and tell them you lost it? If it's a check, they should be able to tell that the money was never taken out of the account, so they might write you a new one. And to be safe, they can just contact the bank and void the first check anyway. But also, I would advise not using money given to you for school on games... that's not the wisest choice.

But anyway, I've washed a couple checks before. One time I could tell who the check was from, from the little bits and pieces, so I just brought the ruined check back to them and asked if they could write me another one. But I remember one time it was too destroyed for me to even tell which check it was... could have been anywhere from 50-200 bucks. But oh well.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2018
  20. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Wow that even sucks way more than me.. hopefully you're able to cover that money lost quickly.