1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your not special

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by blacklabel92, Dec 21, 2020.

1. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Sometimes i catch myself being proud of something minuscule, for example if i went through an emotional trauma like a rejection or situation were i ended up on bottom, ill feel like im special. Special because i made it through to the other side but in reality, their are millions of people just like me. People who went through the same thing i did or do. Then ill think "wait a min im not special at all." Then for a brief moment a slight euphoria washes over me or a brief feeling of enlightenment if you will. But as quickly as it comes, it drifts away. I always fell in love with the idea the king who has his servants whisper in his ear "your just a man, your just a man." Or the king who charges into battle with his army at his back.. Basically being grounded and doing what youd ask others to do.. To hop in the trenches with your men and lead. Accepting what you are.. Who you are. Thats who i really am deep down. But i let this world turn me into something im not. I let it mold me into a phony, a fake, a fraud. Im ashamed. But i know its not to late for me, or you. We can improve, we just need to be patient, think, and put ourselves in other peoples shoes.

2. FezMan76

FezMan76 Fapstronaut

Dang man, powerful words. I've been a similar place too, having forgotten who I was meant to be. Hopefully NoFap can stop this downward spiral in life and help us climb back up to greatness.

blacklabel92 and HolySpirit like this.
  3. HolySpirit

HolySpirit Fapstronaut

I relate so much to this paragraph of yours because I too used to feel like I was destined for greatness, full of confidence.. but somewhere along the way I became “beta” and I hate it, I know I can reach my true potential and become the person I was supposed to.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  4. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Thanks.. Just some sunday night thoughts i was having. Im glad i this site to unload..

FezMan76 likes this.
  5. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

You will bro. Just remember. "Reward without risk is death." "No risk, No reward."

FezMan76 likes this.
  6. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Pride is greatest sin of all; it is the root of all other sins, and it is something that ALL men have struggled with. It is something I have struggled with and still do sometimes. Pride and selfishness go hand in hand. It's always important to try to keep in mind that we are no better than anyone else; we are all equally valued and loved - or equally worthless and insignificant, however you want to look at it lol.
    We all bleed the same, go through the same struggles, live similar lives and die similar deaths. Nothing is new under the sun.
    I try my best to remain humble, especially when I'm at work, I use it as an opportunity to serve others and try my best to work hard and make other's lives easier.
    It's always a struggle though and its easy to get too caught up in our own lives and never show concern for others.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  7. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Me too! And sometimes people think im "too nice" and its like this.. Theres 1. Nice 2. Too nice. 3 Pushover.. Maybe sometimes im too nice but i dont see that as a bad thing.. I just want things to go smooth.. But ill be damned if i let someone push me over. You can try but imma set u straight.

AJ777 likes this.
  8. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That's a good attitude to have; honest. I actually used to be a pushover years ago, not because I was too nice or too humble, but because I was timid and afraid of confrontation. I used to let people walk all over me, and earlier this year, at my last job, I actually encountered a situation where someone (authority figure) tried to push me around beyond their means and power. I stood up to them and I don't work there anymore. It was one of the best choices I've ever made.
    So yes, definitely strive to keep a spirit of humility and never place yourself above others... but dont let others push you around or bully you either.
    Never mistake kindness for weakness.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  9. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Exactly! Im glad you stood up for yourself. That persons karma is probably so out of wack.. Hopefully they get it together. Never wanna wish someone ill will.. I read an alleged quote by tupac the other day, the quote was " Just because you lost me as a friend doesnt mean you gained an enemy. I still wanna see you eat, just not at my table." This quote spoke to me as a person..

AJ777 likes this.