1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinions on New Graduate, Still living parents, 26 yrs old?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FapFapFapNoMore, Sep 1, 2018.

1. FapFapFapNoMore

FapFapFapNoMore Fapstronaut

New Graduate, Still living parents, 26 yrs old...that's me. I just recently graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and just doing non-paid internships...I currently have about $4000 worth of debt in student loans...I started Nofap 4 years ago and failed so many times...and I have learned a lot from it. (We can talk about it if you want to learn something about my experience)...but aside from this life...I feel like a LOSER.. I'm 26, still living with parents...broke, have no job right now but still applying, almost 30 years old, wondering where in life did I do wrong and what I can do to improve my life. I've been hopelessly trying to find a decent job so I can live on my own, get a girlfriend, and get married. Honestly, I just want a decent life and raise a kid with my wife. Lately, I've been listening to NoFap success and MGTOW stuff...and...trying to apply for jobs...I just want to know, is 26 still living with parents common or is it just me ????!!! I feel so inadequate and under others expectations. I'm never gonna get married :(

2. Каланко

Каланко Fapstronaut

Well, tbh I don't see you as a looser.
    26 years isn't that old, you have whole life ahead of you, after reaching that degree you can't expect to find job immediately.
    Also you earned that degree,which you should not underestimate.
    You see that something isn't ok, and you are trying to change that, and if you are trying from the bottom of your heart, you will suceed,believe me. Wanting to stay all the same would make you looser. You are trying to become better,so sure no looser I can see here. Start even some job that isn't related to your degree, at least for some time.
    Good luck with finding your happiness!

3. Ad4gio

Ad4gio Fapstronaut

It's quite normal to live at home in your 20s these days, especially right after graduating college... it just makes economic sense for a while. You are no way in a hopeless position.

Use this opportunity for self-improvement while you're living rent-free. You're on the job hunt, so you're already tending in the right direction. NoFap will be good but beware of all the free time you have on your hands and all the comforts that living at home offers you. My 2-cents on the MGTOW stuff is that it can be quite toxic in its most extreme forms.

Also, $4000 in student debt is nothing, relatively speaking. Once you start working, you can knock that out easily.

You are in a great position. You are on the heels of a great accomplishment - your degree. The IT job market is pretty saturated, so be patient and forgiving with yourself, and if things get really hard, don't consider it below yourself to take a job doing something else for the moment. Keep moving forward and make the best of your current environment - it has many advantages and you can come out of this stronger than ever.

Address007 and best_accountant88 like this.
  4. FapFapFapNoMore

FapFapFapNoMore Fapstronaut

Thanks guys...I'm just making sure that I am going the right direction...I have no patience. If anything, ever...you need help like an accountability partner...I'd be glad to.

5. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

I don't understand why you are 26 and just finishing a BS? Did you ever live on your own? You're not a loser. What is keeping you from obtaining your dreams?

6. Treeman94

Treeman94 Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with living with your parents, I would say cost effective

I live with my parents and 24

Life is unpredictable I say, you got this

7. There is a strange opinion that you must leave your family right after studying... It made sense 10 000 years ago, now it doesn't. A family is here to support you, to help you in your life. If you spend this time extremely well - learning, adding value to yourself, preparing for extraordinary life - then it is totally ok and good! Why struggle to make a living when your family can support you and you can help them?

Of course, if you would spend this time in PMO addiction just existing, then you might call yourself by that shitty word.

Ohh man! You got this! Remind yourself that this is the time when you are growing as a person! So don't give up and do your best!

good luck, stay strong