1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Progress Is My Progress Is Our Progress: Understanding The Underlying Causes Of Addictions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sekhmet the Fury Bringer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Empress Sombra

Empress Sombra Fapstronaut

ethical morality mode?! that sounds unique! I think i'll give it a shot hey you said it can't hurt! I had to look up these videos to understand it more:

Illusive Man likes this.
  2. Empress Sombra

This was nice thanks :)!

Illusive Man likes this.
  3. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

@Empress Sombra I'm glad to hear that. It's something I would like to become more acquainted with myself. This day and age people aren't necessarily the most keen on the word 'morality'. I'll be honest here, I like the word and would love to strive for embracing it inside myself despite the tyrannical battle taking place in my own mind.

A couple more videos now that you bring this up,

4. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

5. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

6. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

7. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

8. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Screw it let's turn the music back up in this thread.

[​IMG]

9. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

10. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

11. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

12. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Pieces of bitter truth coming in here. Hey, do you want a spoonful of raw sugar with them? I know I do!

"Before teaching others,
    we should first cultivate ourselves.
    Having some success in cultivation,
    our behavior will precede our words.

Having discovered something new and intriguing, we usually can’t wait to tell others about our latest discovery. Take newly hearing about Buddhism for example. Wanting to share with others what we just learned is understandable. But if we cannot yet do something how can we explain it to others? If we do not yet find a lessening of our anger and a sense of calmness through the practice, how can we teach others to be more patient? If we speak of letting go of worry and fear but are often anxious, how can we convince others Buddhist practice will help them worry less? When we try to teach something before we can do it, others will resist us. Understandably so. When we have progressed in our cultivation, our behavior will reflect our growth. Others will view us as experienced and trustworthy. And we will be qualified to teach."

"This advice from Great Master Yinguang speaks to us of gossiping, a habit we all indulge in to some degree. Consider what you talk about with others. A project you’re working on, or your co-workers? The book you just read, or what you heard someone did at the party last night? When we gossip, we indulge in speculation and spread rumors. But even if what we say is true, is it our business? Would we be uncomfortable if the person heard what we said? We can tell ourselves the other person will never know. But the one we told knows. Perhaps they will think less of us. Most likely, we will have planted negative thoughts in their minds. How? We rarely gossip by saying how wonderful someone is! We talk about their perceived wrongdoings. Instead of talking about what others have done, we need to focus on our own behavior and correct our faults before others have cause to gossip about us."

13. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Sometimes it just feels like I'm living in the wreckage of a past life these days...

14. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

The imagery & linguistic therapy is going superbly.

15. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Never was a smudger myself not my cup of tea but in honor of Sekhmet:

16. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

17. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

18. Empress Sombra

[​IMG]

Music therapy?! I love Eligh too!!!