1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Progress Is My Progress Is Our Progress: Understanding The Underlying Causes Of Addictions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sekhmet the Fury Bringer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

2. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

3. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

4. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

I literally fell to my knees on the kitchen floor after breakfast I was in so much pain.

I don't even know why lol. Like the universe is crushing me. There is no other way to describe it. If I don't do the right thing I may as well tie a noose around my neck.

5. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

6. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

7. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

I'm going to go torture myself on a playground mindfully but vehemently.

8. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

Step Four Update: I know what needs to be done. Honesty with myself and others is the priority. And I will stop cropping out website names on images I upload to Imgur but I'm not ready to quit it yet. Borrow the false to realize the true as a master said. Guerilla moves aren't pretty but I'm not ready to transition to solely above ground tactics yet.

9. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

Step Five: "Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."

Yes I've done all this. And I admitted to a person face to face offline too otherwise it wouldn't truly count, if we're anonymous online it wouldn't count in my books.

10. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

One more today,

Step Six: "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

I am. Except my higher power demands I apply my own efforts as She removes them when She senses I've been working sincerely for however long it takes.

11. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

12. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

13. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

Some good bass action is better than any prescription drug for mental issues, if you play one that is. If you are also into self therapy and are practicing mindfulness of some kind.

14. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

What a crazy world we live in.

15. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

16. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

Science + Navy SEAL + Superlearning = YAS!

17. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

18. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

Alot of great research out there on music therapy, indeed.

19. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

20. Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi Fapstronaut

It gets lonely on this forum. I guess that's what happens when you're too anonymous for school?