1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

You're ok, There's nothing wrong

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by 99Don, May 4, 2021.

1. 99Don

99Don New Fapstronaut

Hey fellas, I kinda wandered on to this forum and skimmed through a few post so i thought i'd try to spread a little positivity. To give you some context im in the same bucket as everyone else, (i.e. no friends, no girlfriend, barely talk to family, always alone). It's something i've been dealing with since about 14-15yrs old, i've experienced depression, frustration, regret and straight up suicidal thoughts. For a long time i kept asking myself what was i doing wrong or why am i like this......it seemed like i was never gonna find the answer. Guys our society today makes bold statements saying that having things like friends and a significant other are standards of "normal everyday people". Meaning if you're always alone then something's wrong with you, when that's just not the case. I started telling myself things like "just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean your incapable of having one at all" or "just because you don't hang out with friends doesn't mean your not a fun person to be around, there's nothing wrong with you . I've been lonely for a long time but if you ask what i think about myself...im handsome, funny, considerate, and confident being by myself doesn't change any of that or make me think something's wrong. I hope somebody can resonate with this....stay positive guys.

DeeJ4y and PanteriMauzer like this.
  2. It's good to know how to be alone, but you are going to need friends. Friends, the ability to make new friends, and the ability to discern the people in your life worthy of that title. Female companionship is nice too, but less important. Mostly you just need to learn how to treat women right so you can have your pick. And to be completely straight with you, your opinion of yourself is sort of irrelevant. How you act is what really matters. If you think you are a great guy but everyone else thinks you are a creep, well then guess what, you're a creep. While I am sure this post seems curt, its written with your well being in mind. The more clearly you can see reality the more easily you can navigate it.

3. Bandyakama

Bandyakama Fapstronaut

I like this a lot, this was almost the perfect thing for me tonight. Thank you for sharing.

4. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I fully resonate and totally love what you have just said! Your opinion of yourself is all that matters!

What others think is not my concern. If it was, then I'd self-obsess myself down the wrong path, leading me to be paranoid and conditioned by others beliefs and thinking "I need to be like the Jones's!" I would never be true to myself if I live a life concerned by what others think of me. I'd be dead by now if I kept walking down that route. As Henry David Thoreau said: "Walk to sound of your own beat" but honour and respect the sounds of others too.

I love your positivity. Life is all about being positive and learning to master your lot, and I fully agree with you on how society judges you if you do not have a partner or children or are socially alienated, or awkward, or dark-skinned, or gay, or extremely tall, or short, or stutter, or act weird because you have Asperger's, or ADHD, or Parkinson's, or disabled, or maybe just because you're kinda weird, or are too old, too young, too stupid, too clever.

The fact is, we are all individualized specks of Gods greatness. No one is superior and no one is inferior. We are all unique expressions of the greatness that is the unfolding universe. You are you and I am I. If someone wants to hate you, let them hate you. If they want to judge you., let them judge you. It's their God-given right to unfold in the way they are.

99Don, your post touched me in every part. I resonate deeply and profoundly with everything you said. Love your positivity! Love it!

Wicked post!

Garek likes this.