1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube Binging

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by rafaeloey, Apr 30, 2018.

1. I had that issue too. I solved it by simply blocking youtube, that's the only way that worked for me. I allow myself to unlock youtube when I'm together with other people, e.g. working on a project and we need some kind of tutorial-like video. Otherwise, when I'm alone in front of my computer, youtube, reddit and other social media stays blocked with no exceptions.

rafaeloey likes this.
  2. rafaeloey

rafaeloey Fapstronaut

Yeah I try to do that too. My discipline is still lack so sometimes when my intention is to only watch "A" video, I end up also watching other videos. YouTube suggestions are hella' smart, it can read my mind lol :D. Thanks for the reply, I will try to block my YouTube completely.

yugowolf1991 likes this.
  3. rafaeloey

rafaeloey Fapstronaut

I'm 14 too bro don't worry :D. Yeah I did that, I only subscribe to motivational channels, podcasts, and self-improvements. I will try to use a timer later, thank you dude!

Mirach and leo da king like this.
  4. Inanbade

Inanbade Fapstronaut

You said "mostly motivational videos"? That can be a trap too haha, Idd it gets you excited for a moment, but you need to put this information into concrete stuff. And the best way to do so is by making a 'to do list', writing down your goals on paper! I don't know if you're already doing it or have already tried out, but this is seriously the best thing to start with! Every evening before going to bed, I decide what I wanna achieve the next day, even if it's something little like "replacing that damn broken lamp for once!"
    I only watch motivational videos in the morning (I wake up at 5AM to exercice/meditate and so on every day for like a month now), I made a playlist of about 10 videos, I know some of them completely from A to Z, but every time I listen to them, I'm excited again. It remembers me why I've started this and gives me that little boost to start the day. But That's It! You have to remain disciplined, and not replacing an addiction by another one (even if watching motivational videos is already better than prank compilations and so on);)

rafaeloey likes this.
  5. Lee741258963

Lee741258963 Fapstronaut

@udit376 pranks on youtubes are quite cheap and vulgar.......instead watch stand up comedy
    Agreed, I watch either good comedy or videos on Philosophy/Science

I don't know with YouTube it is a super trigger, but I do like the Science, Maths, Philosophy and how to play music videos
    I'm thinking about blocking it using Pluck

rafaeloey and u376 like this.
  6. rafaeloey

rafaeloey Fapstronaut

Yeah, actually I've been doing that since a long time ago. I wrote down my lifetime goals, then I broke it down to yearly goals, monthly, weekly, and daily. But I wasn't consistent, especially in school days. School is damn suck. It depletes my productivity. But it's holiday now, I've just graduated, and I'm back on my track again. Yeah maybe I gotta watch it in the morning only, just so I get the little boost to start the day. Thank you so much for the advice! It's really helpful.

Inanbade likes this.