1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Youtube Triggers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Fantasia, May 5, 2022.

1. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

I don't have a youtube account, so i do 't have any kind of personalizated video suggestions but right now I just opened Youtube and in front of me i seen a yoga girl with leggins and a provocative pose (open legs litteraly) and i was super triggered by that shit. This morning happen something similar, as i opened youtube the first video was an athletic woman doing some kind of run competition and his ass in front of me. I think youtube want to trigger us, i don't find any other explanation.

2. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I set youtube so it goes to my subscriptions page rather than the home page for this very reason.

Fantasia likes this.
  3. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

If you're on Chrome use the Unhook extension. Life saver.

John Q. Sinner and Fantasia like this.
  4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview Fapstronaut

I do have an account so my recommendations are personalized, and often I find myself annoyed by how primitive the algorithm is. I watch a few videos about a topic, then suddenly YouTube thinks that is all I want to watch. Then I watch something else, and the videos overwhelming my feed vanish without a trace.

somuchforsubtlety and Fantasia like this.
  5. YouTube also has no understanding of "anti" content. Lol like I watch a lot of anti-MLM videos, and YouTube is like "oh, you seem to like content about MLMs. Here's 5 millions ads about all the MLMs you might want to join."

Fantasia and somuchforsubtlety like this.
  6. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

That's why I watch some video in private mode or incognito in the app just to not mess up my recommendation

Fantasia and somuchforsubtlety like this.
  7. Right now my entire homepage recommendations is just videos from the Depp vs. Heard trial lol

Fantasia likes this.
  8. Daniel Plainview

I watch a lot of videos of people like DSP and WingsofRedemption, YouTubers who always have drama following them and are hilarious to watch because they suck at videogames. I watch that content on an entirely different account because if I watched it on my main one, I would get nothing but those videos. It would completely push out anything else.

I can't use incognito mode because I turned it off. On Chrome at least, I don't know how to do it for other browsers.

Fantasia likes this.
  9. Daniel Plainview

Agreed, but what is MLM?

Fantasia likes this.
  10. Seconded, I've read that acronym twice, but have no clue what it is. From what I briefly read online, it's some kind of business strategy, unless it stands for something else.

Fantasia likes this.
  11. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I deactivated my YT history years ago and it's one of the best decision I've ever made tbh. If I really, really want to watch YouTube, then I start by a video from one of the less than 20 people I subscribe (I curate them extremely carefully) and watch recommended videos from it. Or I search.

Fantasia likes this.
  12. Multi-level marketing

Fantasia likes this.
  13. It stands for multi-level marketing. Businesses that operate under a structure that is focused/dependent on recruiting people to your down line, not selling actual products. Aka, pyramid schemes.

Pentatonic and Fantasia like this.
  14. Daniel Plainview

Ah, thanks.

Fantasia likes this.