1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Zinc supplements

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Teenager, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Teenager

Teenager Fapstronaut

Should I take zinc on nofap?

2. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

Intrested in others inputs on this.

I usually take several different supplements including, elderberry with Vit c and Zinc, turmeric, ginger, fish oil, vit d mainly in the winter, b complex, a shot of Apple cider vinegar with the mother mixed with water, in the winter more vitamin c and sometimes I do take macaroot but not regularly.

BangJul, Urbancottage30 and Teenager like this.
  3. Teenager

Teenager Fapstronaut

Do you experience any side effects of these supplements?

4. Envoy-ofthe-End

Envoy-ofthe-End Fapstronaut

I suggest zinc as it´s an important supplement to build testosterone. Food nowadays lacks zinc, although I heard oysters contain a lot.

5. Fallensoldier1

Yes oysters and red meat!

Ferritin likes this.
  6. Fallensoldier1

Not that I am aware of no, zinc and fish oil together can def help boost testosterone

7. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I have actually read that zinc increases urges, both by someone and the actual product information on stores. I was like you wondering if it could benefit me, but after reading such thing - I'd be fine without it. Just eat what includes it.. people look for a shortcut or some magic and I don't believe in this things.

8. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

Zinc definitely does boost your testosterone, which means your sex drive will be even higher. If I were you, I'd take a testosterone test to check the level. Then go from there.

Solidstate75, Ghost79 and AlphaGod like this.
  9. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Zinc is one of my go-tos but it can be tricky about when and how you take it. It can be very upsetting on an empty stomach and can make you feel like hell if you take it first thing in the morning before you've eaten. However, you also don't want to take it with dairy or close to the time (~2 hrs before or after) you've had dairy because that blocks its absorption. So taking it with, or soon after, a meal absent of dairy is ideal, which requires some planning if milk, cheese, cottage cheese or yogurt are staples of your diet.

10. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

I've never felt anything with any Zinc supplement except Zinc Picolinate. It is the most bio-available.

ShowProof likes this.
  11. Teenager

Teenager Fapstronaut

Can I take it with a meal? Or after 3 hours of having breakfast that includes just milk?

12. Solidstate75

Solidstate75 Fapstronaut

I take zinc a lot yet w/ a meal or when juicing but yes be carefull because it does boost your T levels. If your urges arent in check youll end up like a cro mag. Wanting to ..wait...feeling you must bang every woman instantly. I made this mistake years ago on my journey. I was looking to round out a gym regime and diet. I took zinc(itself alone is fine 50-100mg) but then tried a supplement that I was not aware would enhance and boost my T levels an multiply those zinc levels. My Dr friend told me to nix that as it multiplied all my levels w/o a doubt.I was a raging mess and when you experience an orgasm no matter if solo or w/ a partner(zinc makes you shoot heavy) to me it was huge and intense so just make sure you keep yourself in check before you draw from the well.

Teenager likes this.
  13. Teenager

Teenager Fapstronaut

Can anyone suggest supplements for kidney essence?

14. Teenager

Teenager Fapstronaut

I ejaculate in like 15 seconds so I don't think so that i will ever masturbate in my life again . It has caused a lot of problems .I was asking about what will be effect of zinc on sperm count . Thanks for the info tho
    P S im still learning english

15. Teenager

Teenager Fapstronaut

Does zinc have any effect on nocturnal emissions?

16. Solidstate75

Solidstate75 Fapstronaut

No worries on the English brother. Your doing perfect.
    Aside,zinc and sperm count- that is why I mentioned heavy loads. Your refraction time isnt the point Im making. Im not a Dr. Yet Ive had many in the medical field tell me higher zinc contributes to a bigger load,so- that might mean in many cases a higher count. Ultimatly Id imagine thatd be up your boys downstairs and genetics. I had mine tested when I was in my late 20s. A girlfriend and I looked into it for fun. Bewate,your boys are a powerful weapon embrace that like a Jedi. Lol... Are they working overtime or all day etc etc ( or are they over worked under paid Amazon style workers....sorry i had to) aside my person regime especially during this pandemic is
    Watermelon- I juice it all. Thin cut rind off,keep whit part.
    1tspn of l citrulline
    1 tsp l arginine
    2x daily.
    Your ships mast after two days will be feeling heavy.
    I dont know about nocturals but if you juice youll feel it. I always do in my first week but beware bc it always makes me feel like I need to lose 10lbs in my balls so it might increase emissions. Just make it past a coupledays and the overall health benefits I noticed personally were far over reaching. More energy,better digestion etc.

17. ShowProof

ShowProof Fapstronaut

Yes zinc will boost libido and urges if you struggle on that side. Zinc is for more balanced people that kind of regained their citizenship in this society, lol. If you're a wild animal that would get an abnormally high strike if you were locked up in a cell all day for a while then Zinc may make you relapse as it increases your vitality which you dearly beat to death without consideration.

- You should NOT take pill supplements on an empty stomach LMAO. It isn't about zinc, it's about the basic instructions of taking a supplemental pill. It should NOT Replace a healthy lifestyle.
    - Try Zinc Picolonate if you can find it, best form of it, indeed. DO NOT buy multivitamin pill or from supermarket like walmart. Try a trusted brand, not a never-heard-of brand that makes their pill in the back room of a sea port in Tokyo with no regulation. (legit; studies show some of these walmart pills have like 5% absorption compared to a proper form of the mineral from a proper brand. Imagine taking 0.11 mg instead of 22 mg ....)

You absolutely MUST exercise in some form or another. It's a "health supplement"

It can help a lot with sperm/semen count, if you are so drained that you shoot very little stuff.

It can help with CORONA virus. But only in takes of over 50mg at least.

If you want to try a little bit, with minimal libido boost then 15mg or 20mg a day...But if you're balanced and exercise in some form or another, 50-100 mg will do you very good.

Some forum posts show that 100mg a day can be a HUUGE game changer for some. Not for me IMO, those people are unhealthy...

Teenager likes this.
  18. Ferritin

Ferritin Fapstronaut

Yeah! Especially red meat and organ meat too

19. Joe dalton

Joe dalton Fapstronaut

i use 30mg zink 1 hour before i go to bed. for me, it gives me a lot of energy and
    dreams are way more intense. i like it

it makes you more horny/aggressive but you can try to channel that energy to other parths of your live

20. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

Remember supplements are only there to supplement your food. Hence the name supplement.

You're always best getting your nutrition from whole foods. So if you want to consume zinc, you should eat whole foods that contain adequate levels of zinc. Doing this should be enough to get adequate levels of zinc.

A supplement can't compete with whole foods.

Some people might take certain supplements just to be on the safe side incase their diet isn't providing adequate levels of all vital nutrients.

So for example maybe in the winter someone might take a vitamin D supplement because it is difficult to get adequate levels of vitamin D from food, and the sun is the best source of vitamin D. So in the winter someone might eat foods highest in vitamin D, but also take a vitamin D supplement, but then in the summer stop taking the vitamin D supplement, as they're getting adequate levels of vitamin D from the best source, the sun, and they don't need the supplement.

Another example is omega 3. The best food source that provides this is oily fish. So a vegan can get omega 3 from plant based foods like flax seeds for example, but this doesn't produce enough adequate levels of omega 3 compared to what oily fish does. So a vegan might eat plant based foods containing omega 3, but also take an algae based supplement and this will provide them with adequate levels of omega 3.

But as I said supplements are only there to supplement your food. Nutrition from whole foods is always better than supplements. If you want a particular nutrient you should eat whole foods that provide adequate levels of that nutrient. But if for some reason this is a challenge for you to get adequate levels of this nutrient from eating whole foods, then you consider a supplement, to supplement the whole foods you're already eating.

You don't just decide to take a supplement without having your diet in check first. You make sure you're getting adequate levels of nutrition from your diet.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020