Any anime reccomendations (That have little to no triggers)?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 2, 2018.

1. After playing an Anime video game on my PS3, i got a sudden urge to watch anime like i used to in the past. Any recommendations for anime that has little to no triggers?

u376 and Noelle like this.
  2. Some Specie

Some Specie Fapstronaut

Why not try anime films like Spirited Away or Howl's Moving castle. They're awesome!

3. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

I'd recommend Dragon Ball Super (I'm assuming you must have watched dragon ball Z). Unless you're into dudes, in which case avoid Dragon Ball animes at all costs :confused:

MLMVSS and Hitto like this.
  4. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

almost every anime contains triggers.. even yu gi oh ..

fullmetal alchemist, is really fun if you can watch through the little triggers...

Truegamer007 likes this.
  5. One of the posters had a trigger. What i'll do is i'll just avoid anime until i reboot. Thanks for your suggestions, though, because i will still keep them in mind ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    Menta_Na likes this.
  6. I'll keep all your suggestions in mind, but i will avoid all anime until my brain heals because anime has constant fan service, and i don't wanna get triggered

7. Wolkmann

Wolkmann Fapstronaut

Cowboy Bebop (although Faye might be a trigger), Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star

pezzer, Menta_Na and Deleted Account like this.
  8. tiredofbeingtired

tiredofbeingtired Fapstronaut

Pretty mature (in the good sense of the word) if I recall correctly. Can't really think of anything that would be a trigger, though I never watched anime p.

Edit: Except for maybe this hot hunk of meat :emoji_wink:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Knighthawk likes this.
  9. I'm only attracted to females, so that is no trigger to me :)

10. AF544A36-407E-47AA-BC04-FBA74501D66D.png Haha this moment from season 1 had me in tears laughing

11. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

Check out Dragon Ball animes then (just avoid GT, it's bad)

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. "Rurouni Kenshin" is cool anime that deals with a former manslayer seeking to redeem himself. "A Girl Who Leapt Through Time" is a good anime film about time traveling. Grave of the Fireflies is definitely one of the best anime films ever as it illustrates the harshness and realities of the aftermath of World War II.

13. Parasyte- A really good and short anime.
    I recommend to watch this one. It has, however a few small triggers, but I think you can ignore them.

14. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

Girl who leapt through time is absolutely brilliant. Do watch.

15. Sight

Sight Fapstronaut

Anime feminist blog is a good source for this. For future reference.

As for recommendations:
    Mushishi
    March Comes in Like a Lion/3-gatsu no Lion
    ACCA-13
    Natsume Yuujinchou is long running and solid...as far as all the recommendations I have seen regarding it. Haven't gotten far into it so can't guarantee it.
    Gin no Saji/Silver Spoon
    Uchouten Kazoku
    Erased
    ReLIFE
    Anything by Studio Ghibli
    Chihayafuru
    Bungou Stray Dogs(very very mild triggers, just spoken, first season is basically a setup for season 2 and if it ever happens, 3)
    Gintama(avoid first two episodes, can be at times an absolutely on point comedy interspersed with some surprisingly fantastic serious arcs. No doubt confusing to get into due to the massive episode count and some can be duds.)

Used to be really into anime, and even then it pissed me off how much sexism and dumb sexualization was prevalent in it. There are some good shows, but yeah, still hard to find.
    I recommend Samurai Jack and Avatar as well. Because why limit yourself to one country? :)

EDIT:
    Just noticed your later post. Not a bad plan at all, can help you figure out additional hobbies to boot.
    Samurai Jack and Avatar are likely safe though. Especially Samurai Jack since it won't have the art style you are used to.

16. Peace467

Peace467 Fapstronaut

Hey! Is there like an anime discussion thread / would anyone be interested in one? I keep up to date with msot of the recent ones and would lveo to talk about them! (or should I join another forum?)

17. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Attack on Titan is pretty cool even though it has naked giants with no genitalia

tiredofbeingtired likes this.
  18. Elfen Lied.

Has triggers. Deal with

19. Peace467

Peace467 Fapstronaut

Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia are the two shows I'm msot excited for in the next anime season!

oh and Your lie in April is actually amazing! Got round to watching that recently!

Currently watching a bunch but I don't feel like anything is standout. The last season had alot of fun slicne of life anime, but it depends what triggers you.

whats everyone watching currently?