No censorship discussion of 'Flat Earth theory'

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Septimus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

I invite everyone on this thread to notice that flat-earthers are avoiding my question about latitudes -- and the accompanying experiment with an orange -- like Dracula avoids garlic.

It's really a simple question, and it involves data readily available to all. If I'm wrong, it would be so easy to show how I'm wrong.

2. Because if the oceans are not curved, then the world is flat, regardless of how accurate you believe current maps to be.

Curvature or non curvature of lakes, oceans and rivers = Can be tested independently and provides absolute proof of whether the earth is flat or not.

Maps, travel times, journeying = Hearsay, relies on maps that are assumed to be correct, relies on information that cannot be independently verified, not science.

Science = Observable. Demonstrable. Repeatable.

Testing slow moving rivers, large lakes and oceans for curvature using high zoom cameras, landmarks and lasers:

Observable. Demonstrable. Repeatable.

Mathematical questions about maps and travel times with various vehicles:

Not independently observable (you cannot measure the speed of an aircraft in flight, you have to rely on a third party map).

Not independently demonstrable (you have know way of knowing whether your travel distance is really accurate because you're relying on a map and assumptions about your vehicle, speed and direction, all of which are spoofed and inaccurate).

Not properly repeatable due to the variation between countries, roads, and so on and so forth.

You want your CLAIMS answered because you think you can win the debate using CLAIMS.

However we have something better than claims, we have absolute proof that certain large bodies of water are flat.

Therefore, all water on the supposed "globe" has to be flat. Otherwise you are saying that some water is magic and lies flat, and some water has gravity magic and curves.

Water is either curved around the globe or it is not.

If water is not curved, then the earth is not a globe.

This is absolute.

Everything comes down to this simple argument. If you have no curved water, then you have no globe. Trying to change topic simply shows that you have no solid proof of curved water.

3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

You are making an argument so ridiculous that I'm embarrassed for you. Stop and think about what you're saying. According to you, drive-times between Seattle and Marquette, between Sydney and Perth, "cannot be independently verified"? Of course they can.

Millions of people drive on roads, everywhere, everyday. Millions and millions of people who travel in cars, buses, trains, planes and ships. They are perfectly capable of verifying whether the maps they use are, in fact, accurate. They would know almost instantly if they aren't accurate. They would throw them out; they would complain to the printers.

Meanwhile, they can look up and note the position of the sun in the sky, and determine if they are indeed traveling east or west, as promised. This whole enterprise is ABUNDANTLY verifiable.

The one trying to change the subject -- to "curved water" -- is you. I never brought it up.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  4. So, you only want a "no censorship" flat earth discussion which discounts proofs of flat earth and only stays on topics chosen by you.

Pretty obvious you don't care about truth, only trying to undermine people who are no longer victims of your spinning ball "theory."

5. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

You can't show me evidence of a flat sun. If the sun and the other planets are round it only makes sense that the Earth is. "It's a simple argument". If you can't prove evidence of a flat sun/planets then you don't have proof of a flat Earth. How did that orange experiment work out? I'd love to hear your findings.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. The funny thing is, you don't even need half a brain to picture or understand how that orange experiment works, it makes sense really. I guess not to them though. :(

7. But...how can NoFap exist if the Earth is flat?

8. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Part of me wishes the flat earth peeps were right cause I’d be like “wha?!”. But really, unfortunately, the conspiracy would have to be so vast, so disciplined and perfect, that it makes it incredibly unlikely. Couple that with no real motive - I mean why the fuck is every country in the world united on this one thing? - and the likelihood reduces to zero. There is really zero likely hood in a flat earth and 100% likelihood that flatearthers are the most guillible ignoramouses in history.

9. Ball earther tactics:

- Repeat "centuries of science" like it's a magic word
    - Change the topic away from curvature to eclipses
    - Insist that "photos" from "space" are real, despite being easily debunkable with a few minutes googling
    - Change the topic away from curvature to maps
    - Repeat "boats disappear on the horizon" as if the human eye has the power of a telescopic zoom lense and can see forever
    - Change the topic away from curvature to flight paths
    - Change the topic away from curvature to something else that will cause an endless, circular debate
    - Change the topic away from curvature to flat planets or flat suns or whatever
    - Change the topic away from curvature to something else

Etc etc etc

No

Flat water = Flat earth

Flat oceans = Flat earth

No curved oceans = No globe

How many times do you need to be told? This is a single issue argument. You have to supply verifiable proof of curving oceans. So far there is none, so flat earth remains a reasonable and realistic assertion, whether you are unbiased enough to recognise that or not.

10. No people just want to believe in authority. The conspiracy isn't vast, disciplined and perfect, it's the extreme majority who will just believe what they're told because authority told them to believe it.

11. One of my favorite quotes helps portray the ignorance of flat earth believers:

"When you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibility of a new reality."

They assert a theory, but when it gets crushed by objective evidence, they ignore it. Just check their website for some fun.

12. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Yes, that’s it.
    Can you “baaah!” for me?

13. Globers claiming there is objective evidence of the globe whilst failing to supply any.

Sad.

Inb4 flat earthers have no evidence, I posted 3 seperate independent experiments with high altitude balloons, laser and accelerometer on the other thread.

14. Gotham Outlaw

This was the only one of your things I actually did. You seem to dodge away from the orange experiment on every post. It's almost like you keep trying to dodge our points and make circular arguments. The same thing you are accusing us of. That sounds pretty hypocritical, don't you think?

15. It's not hypocritical, it's just cutting to the core of the issue.

The battle is fought on the issue of curvature.

If you cannot prove the earth is curved. Then it cannot be a globe.

That's all there is to it

Without resentment: seriously, just quit going around in circles, just show the damned curvature, if you can't, then maybe stop trying to attack flat earthers.

16. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

It’s shown numerious times by numerous countries from their numerous satellites. Now, I want to be a flat earthier, but first you have to give me a motive. I have to know “why”? Why are all countries throughout the world united on this one thing.

Here’s a short list of the countries and businesses with satellites. Now, what motivates Russia, Iran, new zeal do, the UK, and numerious other private colleges and businesses to keep quiet on this thing?

Please give me a motive that joins all the nations of the earth. It’s miraculous!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite

17. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

18. a few last replies as my computer for some reason is not opening my password program so deleting my account is held up.

If they can convince you that the seemingly motionless, flat earth is infact a massive moving ball, then that's it, you have totally surrendered all judgement to so-called experts, scientists, and the authorities.

The perspective of these people is they are in charge because they're good at lying to you, and you don't DESERVE to be in charge because you fall for such OBVIOUS, OBVIOUS garbage.

All our communications work through fibre optic cables. Satellites just go up on balloons, often when they come down the balloon is still attached. That's all they do, put the box with some solar panels on to a balloon.

Unless you believe in rocket ships going up to the magical floaty world of outer-space and so on.

19. We know about Metabunk. It sucks and is full of lies and disinformation. I've spoken to them a number of times on discord and they are deeply unpleasant people.

20. Gotham Outlaw

I'm not attacking flat earther I'm attacking the bullshit "science" you post. It's also hypocritical to go around in circles when that's what you accuse us of doing.