1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for a small room?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jack York, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Thats why i suggested scenery because it makes it feel open. In my batheoom i have a tropical scene with a beach and palm trees and it looks like i can step right in.

Deleted Account and Jack York like this.
  2. You'd think you did this for a living, good advice

3. Wait do you already have a bedroom? Is it possible to keep your old bedroom and transform this room into a man cave of sorts?

Jack York likes this.
  4. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

Sorry. I should have made myself clear. Yes that’s the plan

5. Oh so don't put the double bed in your man cave. I would put a couch in there and tv or something. It really depends on what you want.

I have a similar situation and I am making a meditation room I believe (idk yet)

6. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

Yeah I’m going for a sofa bed I think.

7. Lol thanks. I'm pretty into home design, and I also really love tiny houses, so I've picked up a lot of tips.

Jack York likes this.
  8. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

in that case, what colour scheme should i go for? i was thinking pale blue or green, but worried it'll be cold

9. as long as you use pastels it won't be cold

oh, I've got something for you: https://color.adobe.com/de/explore/?filter=most-popular&time=month

we used that for making color-schemes for city plans a lot

Jack York likes this.
  10. As long as you have some pops of color, I dont think it will be too cold. Personally, I love a light blue color for walls. I prefer colors that most people would consider cold.

Also, the color really has little to do with the coziness of a room, I think. Take these two examples below. The first room is dark colors, but it feels very cold, to me. Whereas the second is almost entirely white, and in my opinion it seems a lot more cozy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jack York likes this.
  11. If I had my perfect house, it would probably be mostly white, with pops of color coming from a few special decor pieces, light woods floors, curtains, pillows, couches, shiny gold cabinet pulls, etc.

12. Pastels and generally low contrast is almost always cozy ;)

Jack York and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Color accents, instead of bigger walls of color.

Jack York likes this.
  14. I was thinking this was for a bedroom, too, so that does kind of alter my advice a bit. I think for a game room or TV room or something, I probably would prefer warm colors. But either way would still be great.

Jack York likes this.
  15. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

16. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

fair enough, but i think red might be a bit OTT for the size

17. Yes, red on the walls would be too much, I think. If you're going to warm, I would probably do a sort of medium tone tan/brown color, with some darker accents like a brown couch and more wood and fabrics.

18. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

i could do brown, theres gonna be a lot of light toned wood in here through the furniture

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Jack York likes this.
  20. Either way would be great! :) you should post a picture when it's all done ;)

Jack York likes this.