1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

18y/o, realized I need to finally interact with others

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by determination4truth, Nov 4, 2019.

1. determination4truth

determination4truth New Fapstronaut

So I have been living with little interaction with others, especially with those outside of my family and in real life. I am currently considering making some friends in order to live a better life. Any advices?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Try joining various clubs at schools!?
    Maybe try joining gym: gym buddies
    Maybe go for a job at a park to meet new people.
    Don't go anywhere where you think you will be triggered to relapse

FellatiousD likes this.
  3. determination4truth

Unfortunately, my school does not have any clubs whatsoever, and it’s unlikely I can gather funds for a gym because of problems socializing, which, in turn, disallows me from getting a job that allows me to live a healthy lifestyle.
    Maybe a park could work though, although I don’t think people’d talk to strangers at Japan, where I live.

4. Then maybe in parks there are always those people who laugh loud for happy living maybe join them that way people will know you and interact with you. Or hang out with your school friends having common interest

5. determination4truth

I do have a nice park nearby, so I’ll try to look for these people you described, and I do hope they exist.
    I do want to try hanging out with people that have reasonably close interests, however I am unsure how exactly to strike a conversation. (do I need to?)

6. Going to a gym and learning to love exercise was one of the best things I ever did for myself. You can ask for tips on your form and people will be happy to help you and it's a great way to meet new friends. If you're experienced then maybe help out some new people yourself. Shake hands and get numbers. And after a while try to find a work out group if you can manage it. Me and my bros were the kings at my old college gym - we gave the place so much energy.

7. Jojo_mojo2

Jojo_mojo2 New Fapstronaut

join meetup com

8. Meetup.com has lots of activities. Been getting back into climbing thanks to Meetup.com and have meet several very cool people.

Been going to bowling night too thanks to Meetup. Have meet many people through that too.

One that surprised me was the bird watching Meetup. I wasn’t planning on meeting any women, just go see birds which is of interest to me. I met a couple of really cool ladies and there were many more. The two times I went bird watching there were over 30 total people (men and women) each time and the folks were nice.

So the Meetup.com website is a great option. If you don’t see an activity you want, start a group. I’m sure you’ll be surprised by who wants to come out and join you.

Good luck!

9. That's so cool. I'm 21 and I got really into birdwatching last year with my grandparents. It's surprisingly fun. Supposedly it's based on our primal hunter mindset.