1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Something that has been bugging me about my taste in women.....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SilentJay313, Apr 9, 2017.

1. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I'm not sure where i should be posting this, so if a mod needs to move it please do so. Well for starters i'll mention that i'm an african american male with asperger's syndrome. Unfortunately i never had a girlfriend and hopefully being on NoFap will help me my head straight. But something that has been bothering me for a long time and i never even mentioned it to anyone in my family: I just can't find any black women attractive at all.

I live in a mostly black city and despite that there are a lot of females around only the arrogant, mean, loud, confrontational, nasty, and cunning women want to be with me. I was rejected if i ever got the courage to ask a black girl out, usually being cursed out/chastised for not having any "game" and not wearing any expensive designer clothes. I even was kicked in the nuts a few times. I didn't say anything mean or harsh to the girls, but they just kicked me in the nuts. Maybe they were the wrong type of girl for me. They would appear to be nice and have that "girl next door" look but always have to be mean & rude, judgemental because of someone isn't wearing the latest trendy clothes, judging a guy because he isn't "ghetto enough/keepin' it real/ a real n-word/wanting to do something with himself/isn't on their level", always having to cause some stupid drama, and hates anyone that doesn't talk like hoodlum.

And if one likes me(Usually were bad girls and often would talk about having sex/having my children/our destiny to be together because we're black and god said so.) and i don't like her back/reject her, automatically a barrage of insults come at me. I would be called every dirty name in the book just because i said "Sorry but i'm not interest/don't have time for a girlfriend." I don't think its the ethnic background so much, but the poisonous atmosphere of the city that makes people this way. I know that non-black women can be as mean and judgemental, but the black women in my area seem to make a profession out of it.

Even so, whenever a black woman approaches me whether they are being friendly or not, my body becomes very defensive. This doesn't happen around family or if lets say a friend of my sister stops by. My stance changes and i begin reaching into my pocket for my knife, keeping my hand in my pocket not to pull it out yet. I fell adrenaline rush through my body and i feel nervous as if something is about to happen. I've been attacked several times back when i was younger in a similar fashion: A guy would use a very attractive girl to lure me into a trap/distract me from not noticing that i'm being surrounded.

Sometimes even the girl would jump in and be with the group/gang. Bullies would always jump me like this in school, but it wasn't until i fought back with whatever item i could use as a weapon(often pencils, pens, keys, and even a bike chain/chain wallet) to defend myself that they would leave me alone. At that point i had a reputation for being "crazy" or "not fighting fair/like a man". I was always outnumbered because people wouldn't dare fight me on my own since i was a lot stronger than i looked, and that i would "snap" and would have to be pulled off the person.(I guess i'm lucky to have some family members that were in the military show me a couple things to defend myself.)

As far as the type of women i like it's usually any non-black women. To be more specific, usually asian women or latin. Why? I'm not really sure. I guess it's because of me only knowing some girls of asian/latin backgrounds along with my interest in asian and latin cultures around high school/middle school. I was(and still am) a huge fan of asian martial arts films, and i was very interested in things about asian cultures and the inca, mayan, and aztec empires. Oddly enough, non-black women were always polite & nice towards me. Sure i felt awkward and all, but i was more comfortable around non-black women. Even if a caucasian girl, girl of a middle eastern background, or some other foreign girl were to walk to me and say something, i'm more relaxed and not clutching my knife in my pocket. Unfortunately if it was a nice & nerdy black girl that i had a lot in common with were to step towards me, i'd go back to being defensive and reaching for my knife. I don't like feeling like this about black women, but i can't help it. To me nowadays, looking at most black woman fells like i'm looking a guy or an alien. I'm not sure if that's a good way to explain it.

What do you guys think? Am i crazy or something? Am i being judgemental myself? Or is it my past paranoia/environment getting to me? Is it okay that i have a preference in women? What are your thoughts and possible solutions guys? I hope this doesn't cause a bad argument/flame war or gets taken the wrong way.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    The moon and Overfloweth like this.
  2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

It's okay to not like black women if that is your preference.

SilentJay313, I Free I and Aiyoshi like this.
  3. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

From what you say, your life experiences made you act toward women in different ways, sometimes for your own safety.

Look, every man will run from desperate women. Every man likes to be treated well and every man has his own tastes.

You're a human being with a wide variety of experiences, likes and dislikes. Just accept it and be yourself.

In the future, someone will appear for you, someone perfect for you.

4. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

I don't either. Well. Maybe not entirely. I was like that up till recently, then like everyone else, hopped on the Halle Berry train when I saw her in some movie. Can't remember which.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    SilentJay313, I Free I and Aiyoshi like this.
  5. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I can understand your pain & frustrations because of the events that had happen to you, believe me but don't be so hard on yourself at the same time... a-lot of us have preferences . I will say to keep in mind that not every "black" women you run into will be like how you described through your dealings with them, I already assume that you know this but to remember that apart from dealing with those women, your dealing with different types of "people" & that the area your in are the majority of those "personalities", I guess you can say ... your environment counts for a-lot, in my opinion . As for me, I love all types of women but if I had to state my preference, it will be asians & latinas ( as you can imagine I am latin myself, dominican ) & my least preference that I don't really look for are white girls ( no offense to white people out their ) , their just not really my type like that, though there are many beautiful one's around . But that's my preference, and you know what... that's ok because we all like what we like . accept your feelings & know that it's a blessing to have women around everywhere, good or bad personalities . I said I don't like white girls but who's to say I won't marry one ? You never know .

6. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

People have already said a lot of good stuff.
    It's fine not being attracted to whatever ethnicity / traits / whatever - and as long as you don't put all black women into one category of crazy bitches, it's fine.
    Also, save up and move somewhere else = problem solved.

7. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Definitely, you seem too intelligent for living in such an environment @Koga313

I'm not a racist, but ( :p ) the general African American culture seems very destructive. The oppression of the past might very well have influenced it, but unfortunately, a crabs-in-a-bucket-mindset has developed. Where people who are bright and excel aren't rewarded, but instead, because of jealousy, selfishness and fear are being dragged down. And insulted for being "Uncle Toms", "Coons" or even kicked in the nuts.

But you can break out of it man, spread your wings and fly away! Don't take your knife with you, you won't need it anymore.

About your taste in women, I don't know how far you've come on your NoFap journey, but I've found that long periods of NoFap makes my sexuality more "natural". Fapping tends to limit the type of women I'm interested in, but when I stop fapping, I find that my sexuality becomes more open and less restricted.

So anyway, do NoFap and maybe your taste in women will change somewhat over time. Maybe you still won't be very attracted to black women, that's okay.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  8. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the insight everybody, and sorry for making a long post.
    I just wish the desperate women would go mess with a desperate guy. The aggressive behavior is starting to get worse. Hopefully i do find that person that is right for me.

I guess i am too hard on myself. It's just another thing i have to work on to improve myself.

I don't, but it can be hard to find people i can talk to. Especially if they are female. I didn't have many female friends, but the few i knew were either asian or latin. I wish i could save up, but so far being in college at the moment is eating up my paycheck. I don't mind going back to school, but i wish i had a better paying job. I guess i'll need to be patient and cut costs wherever i can.

I agree on the self destructive behavior/culture of African Americans. Its very sad to see this on a daily basis, Especially if your being attacked for not being another "clone" like everyone else around you. It makes it hard to relate to other african americans and makes me afraid to interact with other african american out of fear of being labeled an "Uncle Tom" and to potentially be attacked both verbally and physically. So naturally most black people i tend to avoid out of this fear because i had to put up with this garbage in school for a long time. You see, i have an older brother who was a very popular person in the neighborhood and i went to some of the same schools with him. Unfortunately his reputation would follow me and people me to be a carbon copy of him. When they found out i'm nothing like him, the anger and hatred towards me would come at me full blast.

If they would attack me by themselves and fail, they would come at me in a group. If that didn't go too well, they would use a weapon. Yes unfortunately there were a few individuals who would threaten to kill me for not being like the rest of the sheep. Sure there were metal detectors and security/plain clothes police officers in the schools i went to, but that didn't stop people from sneaking stuff like guns, knives, or even drugs into school. The annoying thing was often times i would receive Extended pat downs in fear of being the next "Columbine High School Shooter". The teachers in these schools were no different. Often citing the fact that he was an honor roll student and people liked him as a way to rate my performance. Even when i did well, they would tell me "Good job, but your brother did way better than that when he was in my class. Could you at least try to be more like him?". I didn't do too well in school because of this.

I really hated those teachers. They couldn't see that i was a different person with my own interests and thoughts, that i wasn't like everyone else. It wasn't until i was sent to a different school in my last year in middle school and my last 3 years in high school that this stopped, but i was already angry at people and barely even reacted to the friendliest of gestures. It felt like i was poisoned by other people's hate and anger. It was so bad, when a girl once tried to randomly hug me i shoved her so hard into a locker that she froze in fear. I never met the girl so i didn't know her intentions, but to me it felt like her hugging me was a threat. It was almost like a defense mechanism had switched on in my head. I'm lucky didn't get into trouble, but she was so intimidated by me that she transferred schools the next day. Some guys(who had crush on the girl) threatened to kill me, but my few friends saved me from being attacked.

I felt horrible after that since it gave people a new reason to hate me at the new high school(this was at a high school outside of Detroit, and my brother graduated high school at the time.). I only had a few friends at the time and they understood my reaction to her, but were shocked by my strength. They didn't hate for what i did, but they wanted me to be more careful so i didn't end up getting kicked out. At that time i remember a couple of quotes:

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
    - Yoda

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
    -Buddha

"When anger rises, think of the consequences."
    -Confucious

I kept myself away from other people at that point, trying to focus on myself and my anger. I'm not as angry as i was back then, but i still feel the anger and fear within.

I Free I likes this.
  9. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

LONG RANT IS LONG! Sorry.

I know you mean well, and I can tell you're really not trying to be a douche or anything by what you're saying. You do really seem like a super nice guy who went through a series of unfortunate events. That said, I am still reading quite a lot of bias between the lines, even though you say you don't equate all black women with crazy nut-kickers, and I'm not sure if you're 100% 'aware' of it - or maybe just a bit in denial of it - or maybe the real issue isn't even 'black women' as a phenomenon.

Let me elaborate a bit with some questions you should ask yourself, which will help clarify the real root of your issues and why you happen to lump your issues together with the two categories 'women' and 'black':

Is it really about the black women you have met in your life?
    Or is it more about your loneliness, and the local women (who happen to be black) not living up to your standards or filling your void?
    - is it upsetting to you, that you cannot find any compatible women where you live?
    - If yes, why is this upsetting to you?
    - What do you seek in a female partner, that you cannot find in your local women? (interests, values, life goals, etc)

Is it really about 'not being attracted to black women' aesthetically?
    Or is it more about you actually being attracted to them aesthetically (or maybe you feel neutral about their features), but at the same time you are repulsed by the behavior of the women you've met in your local area; women who happen to be black?
    - Is it really about physical appearance of said women, or just these particular women's shitty behavior?
    - Is it the "ghetto culture"?
    - Do you know any black women (perhaps from the media) you find physically attractive? Yes? Then your problem probably isn't black/brown skin and features, but the behavior of the women in your local area - which you unfortunately equate with their 'blackness'.

These are good questions to ask yourself to figure out what your problem really is about.
    It would make sense if it was the local women's behavior, that causes you so much distress, rather than their genetic make-up.
    (And from what you've written, I think this is indeed your actual problem, rather than your aesthetic attraction which may or may not be there. But not being attracted to specific features, should ideally just render you completely neutral and should not upset you to these extremes. BEHAVIOR, on the other hand, makes a lot more sense. BUT you should just be super careful not to correlate shitty behavior with one specific aesthetic (set of) feature(s) -> which is what you're currently doing -> which is irrational.

Which leads me on to you talking about your female friends and their ethnicity. Why is their ethnicity even relevant? Does ethnicity determine friendship?

First of all, let's define a 'friend':

"A person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations." - Oxford Dictionary.

I ask again - does ethnicity determine friendship? No. Does race? No. Does gender? No.

Your female friends happened to be female and they happened to be Asian or Latina or whatever else.
    Does this mean every Asian or Latina female on the planet will be compatible with you? Absolutely not.

Now, CULTURE is a different matter entirely! And although the majority of this or that ethnicity GENERALLY falls under this or that culture (vice versa), it does not mean that all individuals with said ethnicity do. Not all Asian women are small, cute, dainty, timid and eager to please. Not all Latina women are bombshells with big tits and juicy asses who like to dress up and call you papi. Not all black women are raunchy and want to kick you in the nuts. Not all Asian men like karate and are mathematical geniuses. Not all Latina men are gangbangers and not every black man is dangerous - and so on and so on. Many Asians love hip hop and many black people love classical music. You get the gist at this point, I'm sure.

So, does culture determine friendship? It absolutely can, yes. Absolutely! But ethnicity doesn't.

Also, I am wondering if this is a matter of finding female friends (platonic connections without romantic or sexual interest) or if it's about finding sexual and/or romantically compatible women?
    Because originally you talk about (not) being attracted to black women, but now it's about female friends and having people (both genders) to talk to. So which is it? What is the real issue here? Aesthetics? Behavior? Friendships? Loneliness? All of it?

Yes, I'm being a bit of a douche pointing out your wording, but words are powerful and you really don't want to subconsciously divide people like that.
    You are reinforcing your bias by saying the only female friends you had were this or that as if that has anything to do with the value of your relation - and all the female enemies you've had, were this or that as if that specific trait determines their shitty behavior. Even though you tell yourself you're not prejudice, and rationally know all women aren't the same - you are still creating distance and "otherness" by your phrasing and putting the issue on the women just for being black - or this or that other color, if the women have impacted your life positively. And in the future, rather than saying you had female friends "who were all Asian / Latina / looked like this/that / came from this/that culture". Instead try saying "I had (female) friends who I connected with because of shared interests and values." Period.

Now, before you get too upset with me for posting all this (I'm really not trying to offend you), I completely and absolutely agree that those bitches you speak off are, well, bitches and no one should be treated the way you've been treated. But you need to figure out how YOU can turn this problem around. Those irrational women out there will be there no matter what, but it's your own responsibility to be the bigger person and get yourself out of a trying situation, no matter how long it takes you - and to get out of it with a sound, rational mind and not biased bitterness founded on irrationality and unfavorable experience. Save up (a little each month counts) and move when you're ready 5-10-20 years from now, and meanwhile go online and get some friends with shared interests and values and let bitches be bitches (bygones).

Much peace and love from here. :)

PS: regarding being an "Uncle Tom" - feeling like an outsider in your community or school is not just a black cultural thing. It's EVERYWHERE. I am black and grew up and live in a predominately white community, and I've always been one of the weirdos, but for every other reason than my blackness (being the only goth at school, for one, lol - although I've also had/get my fair share of racism from a loooot of non-black people, but don't get me started on that.)

What did I do when they called me a satanist and weird and so on? Just smiled and went on my merry way, and hung out with the kids with the same nerdy interests and values as myself or found solace in online communities or peeps from other schools, etc. So yeah, again. Think of your issues on a broader scale than your own world - it happens to all of us, everywhere. You are not alone in being an individual. Embrace it and celebrate it, rather than worry about the hive mentality of others! It's what you do with it all, that counts. So stop giving a shit about what other people think of you, what your brother accomplished before you and whatever else. It's your life. Not theirs. ;)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  10. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

This was really kind of you SM to take the time to create such a well thought out and articulated reply. This community really does help each other rise and we don't always acknowledge that. Great work!

Overfloweth and SheMonk like this.
  11. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Thank you very much. I hope OP will get something positive out of my rant. :D

12. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I have a friend who is a white guy and he is not attracted to white women. Some guys are not attracted to their own race. In my opinion, its ok.

SilentJay313 and SheMonk like this.
  13. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Sorry for the long rant. I'm not sure what the hell i was trying to say. It felt like I spewing nonsense partially, but at the same time trying to make sense out of it. It doesn't help that I've been feeling emotionally up and down for some reason. One moment I'm calm and quiet, and the next i just explode into a ball of anger and rage. I literally had to go outside and pound the punching bag to prevent me from knocking a hole in my wall. Plus i haven't been able to think straight because of bad sleep problems. But enough of that.

To answer your question: It does feel like I'm in denial/being irrational /delusional. I understand you will get the good, the bad, the ugly, and the crazy with any person of any ethnic background /group. But my from my experience in the past, it's hard to break this bad though cycle. There is apparently a lot of internal conflict/issues going on in my head. I probably sound like a nutcase saying this, but jeez I feel like a goddamn mess.

As far as the local women: yes it doesn't feel like the physical features are just neutral, but the ghetto mindset and shitty behavior is putting me off. As far as what I want to find In a girlfriend, common interests in things like comic books, music, video games, movies, favorite TV shows, and goals in life is what I have been looking for. I'm just having a hard time with finding that. It doesn't help that my parents have been pushing me to get a girlfriend and get married. I want to put it off for a while to get my head straight because at this point, I'm afraid i might snap and end up "beating someone like a Cherokee drum." if I got into a relationship now.

I can't wait until finals are over. I'll be able to relax and chill out then.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  14. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

You definitely do not have to apologize. Sometimes ranting is what you need. Then after, you can go through it and try and see if any of it makes real sense to you (only you can know that).

And you're not a nutcase. I think its a very normal human response to situations you correlate with danger; you take whatever was in the situation and become cautious of it. But you are also aware of the irrational aspect of the instinct, and that's a good thing. From there it's a choice what you do with it. Work to deal with it in the best way possible (maybe therapy is a good place to start, as you genuinely seem traumatized to a degree) or do nothing and remain fearful and unbalanced. No one can make that choice but you.

My advice:

Therapy (with a professional).
    Self-therapy (write a journal with your thoughts and feelings. Get your thoughts and worries out of your head).
    Books on the subject of trauma, psychology, cultural hive minds, etc.
    Youtube - I am sure there are tons of channels about this subject. It's youtube, after all.
    Start treating yourself better, as in, stop putting yourself down or think something is wrong with you. You're fine no matter what, and it does not make you a bad person feeling whatever you feel.

Strength And Light likes this.
  15. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

Do you have a history of being violent? Have you beaten a female before? The reason I ask is because you mention a fear about doing this. If you have a history of violence against women, then certainly you should seek some type of therapy. If you have no history of violence, then you have an irrational fear. Irrational fears stem from irrational or distorted beliefs that are often subconscious. Often times people use what is called Emotional Reasoning to buy into an irrational fear. Emotional Reasoning is when you believe something because you feel it emotionally. You may feel that you will snap and do something violent, but that doesn't mean that you are a violent person, it just means that you feel a certain way emotionally.

I don't want to get too wordy because I don't know you personally or know your history. You strike me as a good guy with your head in the right place. I think you'll mature and grow if you continue with reboot and learn some valuable things about yourself and others in the process. Best of luck and much continued success for you!

SheMonk likes this.
  16. ⅅⅈⅇ

ⅅⅈⅇ Guest

Maybe the drum remark was about fucking not fighting?

17. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Not a history of being violent, but a history of not knowing when to stop beating an attacker. I have had to "deal" with a couple of violent female attackers at one point in life. I don't like being in those type of situations where i have to be violent, but i did what i had to do to defend myself. Because of those few situations i was almost kicked out of school for defending myself. My parents always told me: It doesn't matter if its a man, woman, or sasquatch. Nobody should have to resort to violence. But if someone hits you, you hit them back and give them a reason not to mess with you.

Luckily i haven't had anyone attack me yet.
    I guess self therapy, youtube and the books sound like a solid option for now. Seeing a shrink on the other hand brings up bad memories. I seen one before in middle school, and he put me on so much medication that for a while i would have suicidal thoughts and i would have weird hallucinations. My parents ended up sending me to another one and he said i was fine, but did figure out u had Asperger's Syndrome. Unless its a good therapist that doesn't prescribe meds i'll be fine with it. Thank you for the advice everybody. I appreciate it.

18. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Therapists and psychologists are as varied as personal trainers. It's your job to find someone who suits your needs. Again, don't base everything and everyone on your own limited experiences. ;)

19. OP surround yourself with people that build you up, reading your post, if you're clutching a knife around black people and you live in a predominantly black neighbourhood, that would take a toll on you psychologically. Not to mention something going wrong if you lose it.
    Everyone has preferences.
    I was convinced growing up that I was into Middle Eastern women and my Pakistani friend was into Black women. Times change and so do our tastes. You can't be judged for who you are or what you like.

Totally unrelated, but SheMonk where did you get that GIF in your signature?? :emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_astonished:

20. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

I searched "shiva animation" or some such once upon a time on Google. :D