Comments on Profile Post by Iohannes

1. J053H32n4nd32
    J053H32n4nd32
    I didn't know it was an orthodox icon of our lord. I'm catholic.
    Apr 12, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    The Catholic Church has both Latin Rite and Eastern Rite. Iconography can be found in Eastern Rite Catholic Churches.
    Apr 12, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  3. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Oremus, that's correct, although the icon in question is of Eastern tradition and was preserved by the Patriarchates (Antioch or Jerusalem I guess), therefore being a symbol of "Byzantine Theology and iconography", as well as of Orthodoxy.
    Apr 12, 2021
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Byzantine Iconography is not exclusive property of the Orthodox Church. I mean, if you are Orthodox I understand why you would say that but as a Catholic we believe iconography in the Byzantine Rite pre-dates the AD1054 schism so it's property of the Catholic Chuch and part of her treasures. ;)
    Apr 12, 2021
  5. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Fair enough. We do the same with all pre-Great Schism saints and 'artistic' expressions of faith in the west.
    Apr 12, 2021
    Oremus likes this.
  6. JoeinUSA
    JoeinUSA
    It's not an Orthodox icon. It is a painting of the Divine Mercy as painted by an artist in 1934, at the direction of a Roman Catholic visionary nun. There's a whole spirituality, from private revelation, and way of life around this.
    Apr 15, 2021
  7. JoeinUSA
    JoeinUSA
    I should add that this image shown is a different rendition of the original 1934 image.
    Apr 15, 2021
  8. JoeinUSA
    JoeinUSA
    The polish Roman Catholic nun was Sr. Faustina, now long declared as a saint. The feast day of the Divine Mercy in the Roman Catholic Church is the Sunday following Easter Sunday.
    Apr 15, 2021
  9. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    He changed image since I made that comment.
    Apr 16, 2021
    JoeinMD likes this.