Comments on Profile Post by Noland

1. i_wanna_get_better1
    i_wanna_get_better1
    The way we feel during our recovery can change. Also, our addiction learns to adapt and find ways around our defenses and looks for loopholes. You might also hit an Emptiness Phase where everything feels bland. Just keep on going and you will continue to feel better.
    Jul 31, 2017
    Noland likes this.
  2. Noland
    Noland
    Thank you. And I must say that I love the combination of your name and that profile picture. Did you just happen to find it or did you make it?
    Jul 31, 2017
  3. i_wanna_get_better1
    i_wanna_get_better1
    My name comes from the song by the Bleachers. It was my anthem song during my detox. After 500+ posts I decided I needed an avatar. I found this simple one online.
    Jul 31, 2017
    EverydayIsANewChance and Noland like this.
  4. Noland
    Noland
    Oh, very cool. Well I haven't hit the emptiness phase and I don't think I will. I feel like I won't because I'm doing a lot more than just abstaining. I think the fact that I'm changing my outlook on the world leaves no room for extreme emptiness.
    Jul 31, 2017
    EverydayIsANewChance likes this.
  5. FormerFapaholic
    FormerFapaholic
    Does it feel empowering reaching Day 60?
    Jul 31, 2017
    Noland and EverydayIsANewChance like this.
  6. Noland
    Noland
    I thought I replied back to this, my bad! Dude, imagine all the times you relapse and how you feel afterwards. I haven't felt that way in 2 months. How's that for empowerment and having control over your life?

You'll get there soon. I'm not waiting so hurry up
    Aug 2, 2017
  7. FormerFapaholic
    FormerFapaholic
    Yeah, I've always felt shit after relapses. Felt drained mentally, physically and emotionally.

Since my last relapse (55 days since then at the time of writing). So not far off 2 months. But I feel empowered, motivated, driven and in control of my life.

It's not far til I get there. I know I can do this!
    Aug 2, 2017