Tips/Advice for finding a new job?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SilentJay313, Aug 3, 2019.

1. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I'm not sure if anyone else has had any issues with finding a new job too, but I've always aparrently had this problem. I'm currently still stuck in my first real job, and it's basically a dead end. There's no chances to move up in the company, and apparently I have to do most of the work because of the lazy idiot I have to work with. To be more specific about what job I currently have, I'm a service porter at a car dealership. I was supposed to be a mechanics apprentice, but that unfortunately never happened, and I have been stuck in the same job. It seems to be a huge part of why I'm stressed out and this is why I decided to go back to school and go for a different career.

I've applied for many jobs in the past 2 months, but I haven't really had many calls for interviews. I'm not sure if it's something I can do better or add to my resume. And it seems like the interviews I had went well, but I haven't received any response from possible employers. And advice or tips would be helpful. Hopefully this information could be helpful for someone else who is dealing with a similar situation. If you want some more information about my current situation, please let me know.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. It's not your problem. Most people are facing it. At least the ones who are not super talented or qualified.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  3. My advice is entrepreneurship.

Get a pen or pencil and paper, start writing out ideas for a product, I.P., company, etc that you have in mind that will either help, benefit or entertain thousands or millions of people. It could tie into something you loved doing as a kid before you hit puberty.

But for me it is writing and drawing up book series that I am even plotting out as potential multimedia properties, I got back into it starting about 2 years ago.

But it is different for everyone.

Entrepreneurs are also the richest and most successful people on the planet, though don’t quit your current job until some new source of income starts coming in (financial stability).

SilentJay313 likes this.