Best approach to meet new people in times of Corona?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by magic05, Jun 20, 2020.

1. magic05

magic05 Fapstronaut

I'm wondering what's the best approach to meet new people and make new friends in times of Corona?

So far my approach was the following:

1. Going to Meetups (using the app) and going to meditation groups.

2. Travelling to other neighbouring cities and countries and exploring the nightlife and participating in group tours.

Both options are restricted since March. My meditation groups stopped until further notice and events on meetups became scarce in my city. Travelling is slowly opening up again but it's still a hassle and most tours haven't opened yet, so I'd probably be on my own and might always be in risk of quarantine after returning.

I have a very small social circle in my current city and only right before Corona started, I began actively taking steps towards meeting new people. Having a low amount of friends is one, if the not the biggest trigger for my PMO addiction, so I really can't neglect this matter anymore after 3 months.

Do you have any advice on how it's best to meet new people? Any apps or specific social media sites?

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I think recovery meetings might be one of the few groups that still meet, and face to face ones are very rare. I feel like you may need to go to a meeting that used to meet face to face and just maybe get to know one or two people well enough to meet for coffee since at least outdoor dining has opened up, here anyway. I was toying with the idea of a drug recovery meeting even though I don't have a drug issue, it's really just kind of marginally related to what we do here and I don't know how much I would have in common with the group but I know one guy that goes .. a little. And they've only met once so far. Yeah it's hard.

ahighertruth likes this.
  3. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

A lot of restrictions are being lifted now and i see people not even wearing masks in public anymore. Also a lot of youtubers are out and about doing their social pranks so I think you can meet people at public places now, while avoiding the ones who are social distancing/wearing a mask. Its going to be more of a choice now whether you want to avoid others or not.

4. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

Also I feel you on the making more friends part. I need to do the same. Right now I have literally 0 friends. I want to start meeting women, even just as friends. Hopefully sooner than later.