1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from new starter

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by XxxMattBxxx, Sep 14, 2017.

1. XxxMattBxxx

XxxMattBxxx Fapstronaut

Hello everybody

I have just found this blog after deciding to attempt to abstain.

I plan to abstain from PM only. I have a 6 year relationship with a girl I absolutely adore.

I guess I have decided to do this as I have been distracted for a long time by the urges of masturbation and i would sometimes even decide that it was easier to just pop to the bathroom and rub one out than actually attaining to my girlfriend which has sent our sex life down the drains.

The one thing I know I am going to really struggle with is the frustration. I can become horrible when I am so highly strung and if anyone has tips on how to deal I would be very appreciative.

Here's to trying.

Thanks

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you are here.

Frustration can be a powerful trigger to act out, I know from experience.

For me, I try to keep conscious of the various triggers so that when they happen, I can recognize, "oh, right, this, right now, is what happens, and how I used to slide into acting out." For me, stopping to notice the process at that moment can be very helpful; my energy goes from whether I'll act out to, huh, isn't this interesting what's happening in my head right now?

Also, I find that when I'm really frustrated by something, it helps to step away -- even mentally -- from whatever is frustrating me. Sometimes technology doesn't work for me, and that frustrates me. So I try to step away to something else at that moment: screw the DVD player!

3. XxxMattBxxx

XxxMattBxxx Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. I will try and take this in to consideration.

Now to find something to engage my brain