1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Done with quitting, now I'm living.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Paarthurnax, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Paarthurnax

Paarthurnax Fapstronaut

Hello brothers and sisters of our struggle,

I'm 20 years old, from the west coast of Canada, and I have been trying to quit PMO ever since I accidentally discovered it around 14 or so. I am a Christian, though unmarried, and I plan to abstain until marriage, which I have done so far. However, this does mean I'm on hardmode by default. Anyways, basically ever since I fist started, I have been trying to quit, though entirely on my own. It's rather sickening that I didn't tell anyone and never got caught all these years... But this year I am living away from home and now realize that if I am going to beat this it is going to have to be my own choice. I joined Nofap about a year ago, and got up to about a month at the start, and ever since I've been resetting almost every week. Well, for the first time I saw underneath the reset counter that I could engage with an accountability partner, which I realize I need after 6 years failing on my own. But I am through with the old way of life, and now plan to check in every day once I find someone who wants to make that commitment. I wish you all the best with your commitments as well, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Peace be with you!

2. Hey man, I know what it's like to try to quit on your own, I failed at that for three years before I found this site. I'm also a 20 year old Christian on the Canadian west coast, if you want an accountability partner I'd be happy to help, feel free to message me for details.

Good luck on your journey!

3. Paarthurnax

Paarthurnax Fapstronaut

Thanks mate. I just sent you a PM. You're from Vancouver eh? I was actually born in Vancouver General myself, and grew up in Richmond. Hope to get to know you better.

God bless you your journey.

4. rlrecovery

rlrecovery Fapstronaut

Good for you brother and welcome to the family. "Greater is HE that is IN you than he who is of the world." It's easy to fail but even easier to listen to the Holy Spirit direct us down his path. I'm not perfect and I failed this evening but God is forgiving and all knowing; he knows your heart! God will always provide us with a way to flee temptations if our carnal desires, but, we have a choice to stay. We are in this together and we will help each other. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man to another."

5. Paarthurnax

Paarthurnax Fapstronaut

Thanks for you post friend. I really the verse (Proverbs 27:17) you gave me. As a blacksmith, it means a lot to me. You are right, we are all imperfect (Romans 3:23) but I also think we need to work to overcome sin in spite of grace (Romans 6), which I am sure you are doing, or you wouldn't be here. =P

God bless, and stay strong my friend.

6. You_Can_Do_lt

You_Can_Do_lt Fapstronaut

Good Lord, this is what this site is about. You cant do it alone. Amazingly, you cant even do it alone AND with God (this coming from a Christian!).

You NEED an accountability partner. I also think you need to meet someone face to face as well. The fact that you both are near Vancouver and found eachother here should behoove you to connect in a better way than this forum.

It's what it's all about.

Good luck and happy travels. I wish you both all the best.