Depression, it can be really hard to get out of it

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Those that suffer from depression, it is really hard to get out of it. The following video is an excellent portrait of depression. For me much of my life it has been a struggle regarding depression

2. NotSoAverageJoe

NotSoAverageJoe Fapstronaut

Meditation. Every single day.

3. That good it works for you. Me I take each day as it comes. I have tried meditation classes before and it good.

4. I like the concept of mediation, but for me it gives me to much time to dwell on my thoughts that are causing my depression. I guess that I am not as grounded in my meditation as I should be and perhaps should not write the process off completely. However, thinking and worrying are my triggers.

Thoughts?

5. mungo

mungo Fapstronaut

Meditation ( or better the commitment to meditate each single day since February this year) is definetely one of the cornerstones in my development to a "better" life , meaning more fulfilled, more honest, better organized, less distracted. One other cornerstone is the re-discovery (less than one month ago ) of this site and my commitment to stop PM for the rest of this year (this life...)
    I was lazy with meditation until last year, I did it here and there until I discovered an app for meditation (Insight timer) that counts the minutes and hours of your meditation, and more importantly for me, not only the number of days but consecutive days. I joined a group of people there, who strive for 365 days of meditation, one year without missing one single day.
    I guess my commitment to meditate really regularly for months helped me to make commitments in other areas as well, particularly in regard to stopping PM.

So I would recommend to take up meditation for the two reasons I sketched above : The effects on your general mindset as well as a practice for long term commitment and reliability towards yourself to whatever you try to achieve as a goal.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  6. mungo

mungo Fapstronaut

My first reply was not adressing the triggers you are afraid of you would encounter in sitting in meditation for a longer time.
    Robbie, I would suggest you try it out for 10 Minutes everyday for a month, and just relax in the observation of all demons that show up, write about them, share what you see and feel with your husband. Post whatever you feel is appropriate and share it with us here on the forum. Tackle the task.

Deleted Account likes this.