1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Making new friends

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Karimtolstoi, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Hello guys,
    Have you got any ideas how to make new friends and don't tell me about social media because I am striving to quit this addiction.
    I work in company as a project manager and I stay all the day at the office so except my collegues, I know my ex collegues. I hate when I return back home to find myself alone among four walls.
    Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Thank you in advance.

Noelle likes this.
  2. 49times

49times Fapstronaut

online video gaming?

Noelle likes this.
  3. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

I don't like video games it goves me addiction

4. Randomphilia

Randomphilia Fapstronaut

Do you have any hobbies or interests? If you like reading books, then maybe you can a book club at the local library. If you wanna get fit maybe you can make a few buddies at the local gym.

Having hobbies not just gives you something fun to do after a day at work, but also helps you to connect with others who may into the same hobby or interest that you're into.

Knighthawk and Noelle like this.
  5. Scared Human

Scared Human Fapstronaut

what @Randomphilia said. Get some healthy dopamine rewards, find something you're passionate about and work at it. Nothing beats the feeling of being proud of yourself. For me, with the loneliness combined with my sexual dysfunction and everything that it brought with it, I honestly would've killed myself if it wasn't for my craft.

Right now, I'm planning on joining a club in my school as well as volunteering somewhere just to get me out and interacting with people

6. paradigm001

paradigm001 Fapstronaut

Go to some concerts of music that you like, or take a gamble on putting yourself in a social situation, for me going to new york city and seing a front 242 was such a life changer. It wasnt about the music, it was about being around people and feeling part of something larger then yourself. The next day I wasn't depressed.

Your environment influences you so much, doctors dont mention it at all. Just keep on putting yourself out there even if you dont feel like it. Go out of your way, go for a drive on a weekend and get lost intentiionally, this is a good way to wake you out of your isolation coma.