1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Describe the Tech you are using right now : )

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Millenial, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I'm using a 13 inch ( quite small ) MacBook Air laptop. Lots of Fapstronauts say they use their phones or tablets - how do you respond to posts so quickly with no keyboard? - lol.

Why do I care? - Because if I'm going to use the internet I want it to be as comfortable as possible - I'm thinking of getting a huge screen so I can see everything better... because I spend a lot of time squinting. :emoji_nerd:

I'd like people to share any tips they have that they think are useful.

2. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

At this moment, I'm using a 17.3" laptop. Like you, I prefer using a full keyboard when posting on forums. If I access NoFap from my phone, it's only to browse. Posting from my phone is a real pain.

Millenial likes this.
  3. Randomphilia

Randomphilia Fapstronaut

I'm okay with browsing NoFap on my own Macbook Air, but then again it's the 15 inch model. 15 inch laptops are the comfort zone for me personally. I only use my phone for browsing and talking to friends via Messenger.

I prefer the comfort of a medium sized laptop for more heavier browsing and for posting on sites like NoFap. Perhaps OP, you could try hooking up your Macbook Air to a monitor and use a full sized keyboard if you're having trouble? You can also try clearing out a small desk area to use your laptop on. When I need to get serious I usually put my laptop on a desk or table with some open space all around my laptop.

4. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Practice makes perfect. :p

Millenial likes this.
  5. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Yes, I'm planning to do this - I figured I may as well just buy a big tv which can act as a monitor when I connect it to my laptop... There are so many options now when buying this stuff - it's very confusing! :eek:

I think huge screens are pretty ugly - but they do make things easier. : )

6. I use my android to access and post on NoFap, I just find the keyboard easier to use on the phone and I always have it near me so I can check anytime.

Millenial likes this.
  7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I’m on my iPad right now.

8. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Which model to you have? - I have an iPad Air 2 - very good but I wish it had speakers on both sides. Also I've only got 16GB.

9. I do almost everything on my desktop computer, although I'll browse reddit, or talk on instant messaging software using my phone sometimes - my phone's touchscreen is a little bit buggy and so I prefer to type at a keyboard.

I do have a laptop but back in like 2016 I had a few drinks, the laptop was on the floor, and.. well.. the screen is now cracked as I must have stepped on it. A replacement screen for my particular laptop is fairly expensive and it wasn't exactly a high end laptop to begin with so I'm not sure if the cost of replacing it is justified or if I should just wait until I feel like buying a new one.

I've debated just getting one of those dirt cheap Amazon Fire tablets and a little stand and Bluetooth keyboard to go with it, would save me a lot of money, since my laptop wouldn't really need to do much more than browse the internet.

10. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I wonder if for similar money you could get another small cheap laptop or 'Netbook' as they used to be called - though perhaps that's not quite right for you.

At the moment I'm thinking I could really use a comfortable chair to sit at when I type - even if the techs good, if the chair is bad I've got a problem! lol

11. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

The one that came out this year, just the regular iPad. 5th generation I think?

12. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Very similar to mine, with the Touch ID...which Apple are slowly replacing with facial recognition... Touch ID still seems very cool and new to me and it always works... no need to change it IMHO!

Poseidon likes this.
  13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I use an iPhone 6 and a MacBook Pro (early 2013) to browse here, although I have a Linux partition on my computer. It just seems faster. :)

14. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Nice Rig - I want to get a Pro next time around but the Air has not let me down yet. : )

MLMVSS likes this.
  15. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Now I’m on my iPhone (6s+)

16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

The Airs always scared me with its thin frames. I thought I would always break it in half. :p

17. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Thinner is better. My HP laptop is quite bulky. I’d rather have something super lightweight after dealing with this clunky thing.

MLMVSS and Millenial like this.
  18. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Thin is good but this Air does feel like a big rectangular knife.
    Personally I'd like a computer made out of wood lol.

MLMVSS likes this.
  19. I'm using a Packard Bell laptop that's 15'6 inches, 4 GB Ram, 500GB hard drive. I've had my laptop for a long long while so It can be slow at time and not run some stuff but I can do work so that's fine.
    I mostly do stuff on my phone which is a Samsung S6

MLMVSS and Millenial like this.
  20. Yo, I use a sick pair of Milwaukee Linesman pliers when I'm on the job. It pays for itself and the internet.
    [​IMG]