1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Islam and Qur'an, explained by a Muslim

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

What do you think about Islam?

1. Barbaric, backwards and a very women-unfriendly religion

2. I think it's okay. I do have some doubts about some things

3. I have no idea.. what is Islam? Is it the newest DJ?, I slam?

4. Dude, I am a muslim ...

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

Hey,

So I see alot of misconceptions about Islam these days in the media. I find it very sad. I as a Muslim made this thread so I can try to clarify these misconceptions. I am limited in knowlegde about Islam. But my limited knowlegde will suffice to understand the very basics of Islam. I am not posting this thread to convince you, belittle other religions, nor do I want this never ending discussions.

My goal is to give the very basic- yet essential information to know about Islam, to recognize Islam and what you can expect from Islam. This way, you will have a clearer view to judge Islam.

You may think why this is beneficial for you. First of all Islam is the fastest growing religion, it's often in the news, and it's widespread across the whole world. It's important to have some knowlegde about it since you may come in contact with it, or you already did.

Mostly, I will be posting video's, explaining the subjects, short and easy to understand. I have a very busy lifestyle, so I can't clarify the day or time of posting. You can ask me about Islam. I will try my utmost to answer most of your questions. But I can't gurantee it.

2. truthseeker17

A introduction to how it all began.

And God said to the angels:
    “‘Verily, I am going to place mankind generations after generations on earth.’ They said: ‘Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You.’ God said: ‘I know that which you do not know.’” (Quran 2:30)

“And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘I am going to create a human (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him.” (Quran 38:71-72)

“....Prostrate to Adam and they prostrated except Iblees (Satan)....(Quran 7:11)

“The Angels prostrated themselves all of them together. Except Satan, he refused to be among the prostrators. God said: ‘O Satan! What is your reason for not being among the prostrators? ‘Satan said: ‘I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.’ God said: ‘Then get out from Here for verily you are an outcast or cursed one. Verily the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Resurrection.’” (Quran 15:30-35)

He taught Adam all the names of everything.” (Quran 2:31)

“‘tell me the names of these if you are truthful.’ They answered ‘Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Verily it is You the All Knower, the All Wise.’” (Quran 2:31-32)

“And God said: ‘O Mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam) and from Him (Adam) He created his wife (Eve), and from them both He created many men and women.’” (Quran 4:1)

“...come not near this tree or you both will be of the wrongdoers.” (Quran 2:35)

Iblis said:
    “…surely I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path. Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left…” (Quran 7:16-17)

“...Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save that you should become Angels or become of the immortals.” (Quran 7:20)

God said:
    “Then they both ate of that tree, and so their private parts appeared to them, and they began to stick on themselves the leaves from Paradise for their covering. Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went astray. Then his Lord chose him, and turned to him with forgiveness and gave him guidance.” (Quran 20:121-122)

“So he (Satan) misled them with deception.” (Quran 7:22)

“Get you down (upon the earth), all of you together, from Paradise, some of you are an enemy to some others. Then, if there comes to you guidance from Me, whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.” (Quran 20:123) Here with "All of you together", Iblis is included. Arabic has a specific word for "three".

Adam said:
    “Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If you forgive us not and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers.” (Quran 7:23)

God said:
    “‘On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment, for a time.’ He said: ‘Therein you shall live and therein you shall die, and from it you shall be brought out (resurrected).’” (Quran 7:24–25)

For reference and (detailed) explanation :
    https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1190/viewall/story-of-adam/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. truthseeker17

This video explains it all in a beautiful way and short way.

4. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

Can you add an option that simply objects with the teachings without insulting Islam?

truthseeker17 likes this.
  5. I see more misconceptions about "Islam" from Muslims themselves. As a Muslim, I don't think that everything that the media reports about the religion known as "Islam" is completely wrong. Traditional sunni/shia Muslims mostly follow the scriptures from the Hadith rather than the Qur'an which I believe to be idolatry considering that the Hadith is hearsay written by Persians 200 years after the revelation of the Qur'an. Not only is the Hadith hearsay, but it also goes against the Qur'an.

6. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

This is what i thinx about islam:

7. ItalianMan

ItalianMan Fapstronaut

The problem is the misunderstanding of Qur'an, often muslims themselves don't know that the Qur'an is divided in Medinana surahs and Meccan surahs. This is important because what is written is related to the historical circumstances and it is not the absolute truth for every kind of situation. This is why the Qur'an is also contradictory, but people read a verse and think that muslims want to kill the infidels. I lived in a muslim country and no one tried to kill me.

8. Zestria

Zestria Fapstronaut

The video was easy to follow and interesting. Unfortunately it reminds me of my current job. Everybody else gets the promotions even though they have no skills and many others have been there longer than the boss himself. It's hard to wrap your head around the fact that logical thinking is correct, but can be seen as wrong. A good video though!

9. Nice rhetoric lol :emoji_joy::emoji_ok_hand:

10. truthseeker17

I have not seen your video. I will, when I have some time. I do believe that the Qur'an and the way of the prophet(called sunnah) are both revelation from Allah. I will definately try to clarify this or at least bring some evidence for it.

11. truthseeker17

Let me listen to these video's and see what I have to say about it. I do have to say that I listened to some of his video's after the death of his great friend(I forgot his name, he converted from Islam to Christianity) and his arguments were completely nonsense.
    Anyways give me some time to consume it.

Born_For_War likes this.
  12. truthseeker17

I need to know what people think about it. So I can rectify they very thing which "insults" Islam.

13. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

Yeah that video is complete nonsense, it's by a fanatical Christian twisting around the truth of the Qu'ran to suit his own fanatical views.

truthseeker17 and Can16 like this.
  14. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I been lectured enough times about this by barrack obummer.

15. Hey, I appreciate you're approach to this matter. Talk to you soon.

16. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

Okay, then my two biggest disagreements would be the rejection of the Trinity and of Jesus as God incarnate.

However, I do appreciate that Islam tends to treat Mary better than some protestant Christian groups.

17. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Hi all,

Islam like all religion is a peaceful religion. However, some of the followers of the religion have misinterpreted the religion.

Yes, it is not right for others to discriminate Muslims. However, it is also the responsibility of Muslims to come together and find solution to eliminate the misinterpretion of the religion by some of the Muslims(you know whom I am referring to)

18. truthseeker17

So many people say that the Qur'an is enough so why need the hadith/sunnah/tradition/way of the prophet. This brother explains the subject very clearly.
    @Jewels, I hope I answered your question.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  19. truthseeker17

I won't even answer the first video. It's picking and choosing verses without their context. In this way you can basically mess up everything.
    Second video is the same tho. I find him also lying about the Jihad in the life of the prophet and the sahaba's (companions) after him. It's nonsense.

Islam didn't spread by the sword. Think about this, me yelling at you to obey me... would you obey me? I think you wouldn't. Now imagine, I killed someone who was beloved to you, like your father or mother. After this I yell again at you, obey me. I think you would not only ignore me but also start to hate- and resist me. You would grab every chance to destroy me. If Islam was spread by the sword how come the offspring of those people are muslims and Islam remained among them for centuries.

Jihad in the light of Qur'an and sunnah

Listen to this and hopefully you will have some clarification.

20. truthseeker17

Jihad is a hot topic in nowdays media. Unfortunately even Muslim are confused about this.
    A brief but effective explanation of the Jihad verse.