1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Eating lunch with a coworker you like

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by PatrickTree, Jan 4, 2018.

1. PatrickTree

PatrickTree New Fapstronaut

Do I pay for the lunch?

I don't have a problem paying. I'm just wondering if I would be doing too much by doing so.

2. No. I would not pay for the lunch.

3. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Who’s idea was it to go out to lunch? Was it your idea? Did you approach this person and ask them to go with you? If so, you should pay.

If it was their idea, then they should pay.

DarkwingDuck likes this.
  4. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

Are you going to lunch with a co-worker, or going to lunch with someone you like? I'm not saying it can't be both, but your intentions would play into my answer.

The safe bet would be to pay individually.

DarkwingDuck likes this.
  5. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

Are you willing to let the coworker pay the next time?

If you’re looking at this like a pseudo-date, inviting a coworker under the pretense of a co-worker lunch is problematic because it will easily lead to misconceptions. If you’re interested in your coworker, make that clear up front. And be okay with a no n

6. Neither, you both skip out on the bill like Bonnie and Clyde

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

8. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

One other thing, if you do pay, especially if you don’t disclose your feelings to your coworker although his holds true even if you do, remember you are entitled to nothing. Not a date, not a kiss, not affection, nothing. If you cannot accept that, you are not yet in a position where you are ready to date anyone. That doesn’t mean you can’t necessarily ask for those things in proper context, but you’re not entitled.

9. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

Nothing’s more romantic than getting his/her’s booking photos down at the station...

Deleted Account and Knighthawk like this.
  10. I would just cancel lunch with her. This is a woman we're talking about, right? If your thinking about progressing further with this woman, then I would cut her off because I wouldn't want to risk my job. Why risk your money-maker for a money-taker?

11. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck Fapstronaut

While I can accept that relationships with coworkers can be difficult, it is not universally true you’ll lose your job. And that’s over the top to suggest women are “money takers.”

12. Why assume every woman is a money-taker?

DarkwingDuck likes this.
  14. Dracoterra

Dracoterra Fapstronaut

Try not to overthink it or make it something it isn't. It's just lunch. If you'd like to have an actual date with her, tell her straight up--when you're arranging the date, not later on.

DarkwingDuck likes this.
  15. Fellas fellas, I didn't say EVERY woman, "money-taker" is clearly a singular noun. I assume she is because the guy's wondering if he has to pay for an employed woman's lunch and second, there's just no way she's paying. As for your job security, I never said that dating coworkers is a guaranteed one way ticket to the soup kitchen, I said that he was going to put his job at "risk". Even if it doesn't go against company policy to date coworkers.

And jees, it was clearly a joke. Lighten up.

16. I don't believe you.

Deleted Account and Dracoterra like this.
  17. Well, which part don't you believe?
    upload_2018-1-4_23-44-24.jpeg

18. You've got a lot of growing up to do.

19. Yes, thank you for your insight.