Turning my life around...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Mrtom, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Mrtom

Mrtom Fapstronaut

I've never been good at writing things down, though I hope i can share my experiences and feelings on here in hope of support. The amount of times I've tried to quit PMO is unbelievable and It's crazy to think how much of a negative effect it has had on my life. Whenever something negative happened in my life growing up I'd always turn to PMO as it was the one thing that made me feel good and NORMAL. It's sad really as had a terrible childhood and now adult life is positive but still using PMO whenever I can to give me a boost in normal life. Can anyone give me a realistic/achievable goal bearing in mind under 2 weeks is the furthest I have ever achieved.. thank you so much in advance :)

2. FeatheredTalo

FeatheredTalo Fapstronaut

Hey, Mrtom! I'm glad you were able to find this place. It's been a real help in my current situation dealing with anxiety and self-worth. It's a difficult battle, but know that whatever goal you set for yourself, you can achieve it. My current goal is 90 days, but everyone is different--I may want to go longer, but it always depends on the situation and what you feel is right for you.

I'm glad you were able to make it two weeks! An achievable goal for yourself may be a month after going that long. Take care to explore the forums and check out other people's journey through this.

You got this! We are here for you.

Mrtom likes this.
  3. yah..for me PMO was also a stress reliever and a way to deliver pleasant time and great feelings. The problem ofcourse is after that...especially when you over do it. The luck of energy ,the depresions,feeling dirty ,all the hiding..esc...Try to stay sober for few months to see the benefits for yourself..you wouldnt want to go back to your habits..

Mrtom likes this.
  4. Mrtom

Mrtom Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for your comment! I massively appreciate the support!! I will definitely check out other posts! 90 days seems such a long time, I think I'm going to try out 30 days initially :) did you have a shorter goal period before that?

FeatheredTalo likes this.
  5. Mrtom

Mrtom Fapstronaut

Thank you for your comment Chris :) how long have you been free of FAP? What are the benefits you have had upto now?

6. FeatheredTalo

FeatheredTalo Fapstronaut

Initially, I wasn't sure I could go without M, but wanted to start slow and work my way up--I went a week without PMO, but thought it would be beneficial to allow myself leeway every 7+ days. I then noticed that there were sexual thoughts associating myself to P and the "need" to MO whenever I felt unattractive, bored, or down. Trying to maintain my time in a more efficient way has been the over all goal, but it's allowed me to press further into my 90 day PMO goal--just giving myself things to do and look forward to has been huge.

Again, everyone is different, but the principals are the same for any goal you set for yourself: whenever you hit your max, you go for another plateau to reach, and so on.

It's okay to make mistakes, but as long as you know you are doing this to better yourself, then things will get better.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. you are welcome @Mrtom yah..the benefits that i experienced so far are huge amount of energy..which gives you enough power to follow your dreams ...before i was mostly tired and lazy....its also good to have lots of free time ,becouse i was fapping before with hours every day.Its very important what you want to do with your free time and energy ,becouse if you dont have idea ,then it will be harder to stop .

8. Mrtom

Mrtom Fapstronaut

This is so much help!! Thanks again! :)

9. Mrtom

Mrtom Fapstronaut

Incredible! Thanks again Chris :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Hey @Mrtom ,

I'm nobody special on here. Just a regular user saying, "welcome".

There is so much support on this forum, the profiles and the various groups. It works if you work it. I don't offer advise. I offer only my ESH (experience, strength and hope).

My ESH is that NoFap is about action and that meant work for me. It is not about "not doing something", for me, it is about working my program.

Work it? Oh yeah. There's work to be done, that's what's worked for me. Two things I've found necessary.

1. I had to Learn the NoFap Program.

2. Getting involved with the community on here was vital to help my recovery.

Learn the NoFap Program
    The resources listed on the "New Users: List of Rebooting Resources" helped me find my way around the reasons behind the program and the terms used.

They are:

You can find this same list on the top of the forum you posted this message on at - the "New to NoFap" forum.

Get Involved with the Community
    The community has been my lifeline. I've found journals I love, people who are very supportive and a place where I could get to work helping in a small way others.

Remember, I'm just a normal user with no magic powers. But, I can:

• Read Journals, and comment when I have ESH
    • Find people I admire and stay in touch via their profiles
    • Pick a forum and make sure every post gets and answer. I can't answer them all, but that's good - different opinions make for a better group.
    • Post in my journal (I could be better at it - but I do milestone posts at least) To make a journal go to the section listed by age and start one. Keep all your journal posts in one thread. But, for random thoughts, you can create a new thread.
    Looking forward to seeing you around on the forums,

* L

PS - Think of pmo like a wolf. Stay near the center of the group with the winners and the wolf has a more difficult time finding you. But, stray near the edges of the community and the wolf can pick you off.