1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good girls - where do you meet them?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Locust360, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Locust360

Locust360 Fapstronaut

Just a question for you guys out there.

There are good girls, and then there are the "other" type of girls from my experience.

The other type of girls flock together in large numbers like geese in locations like bars, clubs etc.

The good girl, however, seems to be an eluusive creature. Where do you guys tend to meet them? I have been out of the game a bit but am not trying to find another of the more common of the species but am interested in meeting a good girl.

I'm at the point of wondering whether they are even out there or if I will have to stumble upon one that is standing next to big foot and riding a loch ness monster.

2. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

If you don't want the "other" kind of girl, don't look in bars and clubs (and what business would YOU have in bars and clubs, if you're a good guy??? Hmm?)

I attended the wedding of a responsible, kindhearted, hard-working "good" woman recently. Her church was too small to provide opportunities to meet men, so what she did was, she went to a reputable dating site, paid the $200-or-so fee, and sifted through hundreds of guys' profiles until she found a few who met her standards. Then she went on a few first dates, picked one to date seriously, and he proposed about a year later.

So that's where some of the good girls are. They're at church, or work, or wherever, but they won't give you the time of day until they're good and ready. What you can do in the meantime is put yourself in a public place (make a dating profile perhaps) and work on making yourself as attractive as possible. Then, wait, make your moves carefully, and be prepared to recover from repeated rejections.

3. ledzepplinjacky

ledzepplinjacky Fapstronaut

Not at a bar or club, obviously

4. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I agree with everything e5s said.

I meant my current girlfriend on a dating site.

Before her, I met girls worth pursuing at the library. If you're in college, the campus library is where its at.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  5. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

The library, really? It's kinda hard to talk to people in a library though...

6. Locust360

Locust360 Fapstronaut

I keep hearing library alot. Funny things is, where I grew up in Milwaukee Wisconsin (not there any more but the image is tarnished forever =P) public libraries were a hook-up spot for gay men. Yeah, I know its odd, but after about the 3rd or 4th time you get approached while looking for a book it sort of gets burned in your mind.

(No issues with homosexuals, just not my thing)

I am gonna be starting school again though, and a university library may be a decent option.

Dating site I have to wrap my head around. Making an ad for myself feels bizarre. However it looks like its gaining more and more poularity and becoming a legitimate source for meeting woman.

7. But once you're in the library, what to do? Like, I was approached once in the library, for a music video casting, but this is different. Do you just approach the person that's reading and say "hey, how unbelievable that you're reading this Slava Mogutin book, he's one of my favourite artists!" and continue talking (this is hypothetical of course, I'd never be able to do that irl)?

I always feel that it's not finding places where good girls and good boys are that is hard, because they're literally everywhere (or am I just desperate?). It's more, what to do afterwards, or more specifically, how to do it. Sorry Locust360, I diverge.

Also about dating sites, I always feel that the only thing in the minds of people is sex. Perhaps is it because I'm a girl but I'm nowhere near sure. Good boys and girls are everywhere, but finding a place where they both are and are available to talk, that is hard.

8. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

Ooohhh... Here's a corny idea - get a part time job as a dog walker, only take one or two clients, and hit the parks in the afternoon. Fit girls who jog during their mid-day break tend to be nice, and rich people have uber-attractive dogs.

9. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Haha love it e5s. We have a dog who we take for walks. Sometimes attractive women come up and say "Oh aren't you gorgeous!". It sometimes takes a while to register that they're actually talking about the dog! :)

10. Locust360

Locust360 Fapstronaut

The dog walking is clever.

-To Anne-Dauphine - What I am being told repeatedly regarding talking to and attracting "good" versions of the opposite sex is...(and its going to sound cliche), like attracts like. If you are working hard at being a good person yourself it will attract the same of the opposite sex and the opportunity will tend to present itself in a manner of speaking.

Myself, up until now attracted psychotic, devious, lying woman. This being most likely because I was not necessarily in a good place and sent out a crazy vibe myself.

Interestingly, last night night I met up with someone I was involved with shortly right after my seperation. At that time she was waaaaay in left field. I met up and had lunch with her yesterday due to some mutual issues we needed to discuss and was surprised that she had made some significant positive changes and progress.

Seems that the more I work on bettering myself, the better my surroundings get as well. Of course there is still crazy shit in the world and drama I want no part of, but good intentions combined with active work towards positive progress brings more of what I am striving for in myself with the things that are presented to me in life.

The whole thing sounds cooky I am sure but, if you are busy putting misery out into the world, misery is what you will get back. If you are busy trying to make positive change, positive changes are what you get back. If you live your life as a functional nutcase, nutcases are who will enter your life.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  11. EnglandExpects

EnglandExpects Fapstronaut

I figure that good girls will be in the same places that good guys will be. So, be a good guy and you will end up in the same place as all the good girls.

12. Locust360

Locust360 Fapstronaut

Or, you could be a good guy who ends up a target for bad girls. Good guys get screwed (not in the literal good way) by devious woman all the time. Looking back i can see how I set myself up for it in the past. Location was one reason, but of course an inability or naivete towards being able to spot the red flags of "bad" were the biggest factors.

Guess the question was meant for a location to thin the herd so you dont have to weed through so much "bad" to find a potential "good" girl.

-Oh, and a general rule of thumb. If they shave their eyebrows and color them back in....fuckin run. Just sayin....its a good guideline in my experience =P

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  13. mrlaw

mrlaw Fapstronaut

"Good girls"

Do such thing exit in the western world? lol

14. mrlaw

mrlaw Fapstronaut

This how you do it guys. Get a dog or walk a someone else dog. I have seeing men randomly approached by women on the street when they are walking their dogs.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  15. Kazden

Kazden Guest

You meet them at BBQ's, the lake, churches, and motocross and car racetracks in my experience.
    Met very few of them at school, the gym, or from work.

16. MichaelMichaelson

MichaelMichaelson Fapstronaut

It all depends on what you think is a "good" girl and it also all depends on how you relate to girls in my experience. Alot of people say that when you go out, you will meet the scum of the earth but I have always met interesting and good girls when going out too.

17. ds112358

ds112358 Fapstronaut

I agree with MichaelMichaelson.

We all need to start seeing the good girl/bad girl idea as a spectrum rather than as two opposing identities. There are good girls who like to go out and have a good time and there are also 'bad girls' who would like to settle down.

The only way to do it is to get to know a girl, see if you like her, see if she likes you, and be happy. And remember, no girl owes you anything. Any attraction between two people must be mutual.

18. Locust360

Locust360 Fapstronaut

Heres my thoughts on that...a good girl would be a girl with a respectable set of morals, can be trusted and not be devious. Sincerely.

A bad girl, is a girl pretending to be the above mentioned,however, has the intent to use you for money, possessions etcetera. She is also very loyal...to your face. Then doesnt hesitate to get cocked down behind your back.

You think I am exaggerating maybe. Trust me, I am not. Many, many girls out there use honesty and dishonesty merely as tools to acquire what they want. No innate standard regarding honesty. Many appear to be good girls, but thats only because they know that act will get them a sucker they can take advantage of.

Trust me, we saw them plenty in the military. They are a dime a dozen preying on the naive.

19. Locust360

Locust360 Fapstronaut

Been wondering the same thing bro...like I said, standing next to Bigfoot and riding a Loch Ness Monster.

I think they are all mythical creatures.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  20. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

I agree although there are exceptions like the Mormons and the Amish.