help

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by treborn, Feb 16, 2018.

1. treborn

treborn Fapstronaut

christ guys, it's really hard to stop, how can I do it? I have been trying months but I still fall into the same identical error, edging ......... and then relapsed ........... ...

2. Read success stories on this forum

3. OutofTheVoid

OutofTheVoid Fapstronaut

While I am new to this forum, I gave recovery a try about a decade ago. There were a couple of pieces of advice that, had I listen back then, may have save me this last decade.

The first is, create a plan. When we are faced with urges we need to have a strategy for how we are going to deal with them. Without a solid foundation for how and what we are going to do differently, we will always fall back into this addiction because it is easy.

The second is to limit the opportunities for our addictions to actually play themselves out. What and where are the circumstances that lead to you slipping back into your addiction? Does it often happen in the morning lying in bed? Than get up immediately and begin your day; no excuses and no hesitation. Does it happen while your in the bathroom? Leave your phone outside. Dose it happen alone in your room with your laptop? Relocate your laptop to a public area of the house and only use it there. Leave doors and window blinds open so that you can't isolate. This addiction thrives in darkness and solitude so remove it's habitat.

The third is, learn the lies you tell yourself and begin identifying them as lies. "Just one last time", "why bother, I'll just fail", "this is too hard", "there's no hope", "I might be missing some great new picture/video/etc."...these are all common lies. Once you identify them as a lie they are easy to counter with truth. I am not saying they are not powerful but when you continually counter them with truth they begin to lose power.

I hope this helps.

Full ahead likes this.
  4. Protagoras

Protagoras Fapstronaut

HERE are some things helping me.