1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relapse when being alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by alfianlight, Feb 24, 2018.

1. alfianlight

alfianlight Fapstronaut

What should i do if i feel urge when i'm alone? That's the most triggering thing for me. I relapsed mostly when i was alone, in the midnight.

2. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Do you get hurt when youre lonely?

3. alfianlight

alfianlight Fapstronaut

Not always, but sometimes.

4. TomMoin

TomMoin Fapstronaut

do not think: "the problem is that nobody is around me".
    it is not. you are the issue not others.
    the issue is the feeling. so work on that. work on your feelings. control your feelings. do sports, mental training. do not lie to yourself in this way: "it is the others not being around". it is you aint in control of this thinking.

i feel you. when i started nofap i was thinking like: "i cannot avoid all these triggers, all that beautiful girls (hot dressed) at the university walking around". well again - it was me thinking the problem lays somewhere else. but actually it was me not being under control of myself.

hope that helps, sorry for being harsh.

5. being alone bored and or frustrated can lead to relapse you have to learn how to deal with them theres no perfect way to do it but theres no way to avoid it

Deleted Account and alfianlight like this.
  6. alfianlight

alfianlight Fapstronaut

Wow, your words hitting me so hard. I mean, in a good way. I have to stop blaming others too much. I have to learn more about what i feel, how i think. Thank you, man.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  7. alfianlight

alfianlight Fapstronaut

True, man. I just have to put my effort to the fullest to solve this problem.

Deleted Account and noonoon like this.
  8. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

There will always be alone time. They key to all of this is learning control of our own passions. Willpower is a muscle that needs to be exercised to strengthen.

Deleted Account and alfianlight like this.
  9. ThePeacocksTale

ThePeacocksTale Fapstronaut

It's easy to look outside for your problems because you don't have to do anything to change them! If the problem is girls in short skirt then they need to change, not you. If it's an over-sexualized movie or advertising, its the media company that needs to change, not you. If the problem is being alone, the world needs to be more social not you. It's easy to say everything else is the problem, and that may be true, but there's only one thing you can change: yourself!

If you think being alone is your problem, and you're really committed to getting through this, make some friends, join a club, or find an AP on this site! PM me even and I'll be happy to have a chat every day if that helps. We've all got each other and we all support each other. We live in the most connected time that's ever existed. Go on the forums, join a safe chat room, go on reddit and leave a few comments, even the comments section on Youtube is a great way to share ideas! So you may FEEL alone, but in reality, you never are. We've got your back.

Fighting Axeman and alfianlight like this.
  10. alfianlight

alfianlight Fapstronaut

This words is something. The problem is not about me being alone, it's about how i think, how i react in that situation. It's about the state of my mind, my mindset.

11. ThePeacocksTale

ThePeacocksTale Fapstronaut

Yeah man, instead of thinking I am alone, think "I have all of the NoFap community I can talk to and be a part of". The opposite of an addiction is a connection. Have a read of this comic if you have the time bro, it's helped me a lot on my journey. https://imgur.com/gallery/pI8Nm

alfianlight likes this.
  12. alfianlight

alfianlight Fapstronaut

Thanks for showing me that comic, bro. It's mind-blowing. "The difference between not being addicted and being addicted was the difference between seeing the world as your park and seeing the world as your cage."

Deleted Account likes this.