1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Male Role Models

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Yes

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

No

3. I believe we've now covered everything. Thanks for your time.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. St. Peter, Captain Jean Luc Picard, Ian MacKaye, Chris MacCandless.

Rockyroad likes this.
  5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

No

6. JamesMC89

JamesMC89 Fapstronaut

My internship supervisor, a school counselor once said: "I just encourage kids to look up to people they know in real life. Celebrities, athletes, etc...you don't really know what they are like away from the spotlight." It's interesting when you think about the highs and lows of celebrities and athletes. One minute they're your hero, the next they're the villain.

That having been said I still do idolize a lot of well known celebrities. I guess I will go to my favorite, yet debunked and claimed false, Gandhi quote: Be the change you wish to see in the world. Sometimes I realize that we should represent ourselves as our own role models. Maybe someday our children will see these things in us too.

7. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Fapstronaut

This has always been a challenging topic for myself. My dad never took a stand on anything and was just pathetic as a strong male role model. My mom made all the decisions and was the one that always financially supported the family. So I had to turn my attention elsewhere to find support from males.

Mine would have to be:
    Greg Graffin
    Jello Biafra
    Chris McCandless

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

I never liked anyone enough that I would model myself after them. Even though I could probably use a role model.

I do have respect for Freiderich Nietzsche and George Carlin though, people that were able to challenge my beliefs.

9. Elon Musk, Donald Trump, JFK, Henry Ford, Napoleon Hill, Robert Greene, Theodd1sout, AgentGhost, SolidStance, Fabflop, BadToTheBoner, Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Jesus