Need help...this is something beyond me

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Charon25, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Charon25

Charon25 New Fapstronaut

Hi all,

I am 25 and have been trying to get rid of this shit for the past 1 year and just came across nofap. Initially it just started as a habit and now is an addiction.
    I also realized that when I am worried about something, I just go for it. Seems like by doing this, I forget my worries temporarily. Finally i somehow got over this feeling by realizing that it just makes matters worse (which came through a lot of training).

Now I make a conscious effort to not watch anything that excites me and have been good for the past 1 month or so. When I am awake my will power is really strong and I would never ever do it.

But the problem now lies somewhere else. I have observed that when I am sleeping, after an hour or so I would just start rubbing in sleep and somehow (only God knows how) grab my laptop and then start surfing the net for this shit. This is the time when my will power is really low and I just end up masturbating and this happens once in every 4-5 days. To somehow avoid this I lock my laptop in a cabinet every night which did give me some relief. But the downside is I have started getting a lot of wet dreams and when I ejaculate I loose my sleep and feel really terrible. For the past 1 week I have been having wet dreams everyday (sometimes twice) and I am really worried.

My conscious would never ever allow me to do this but I guess this is now embedded into my subconscious over which I seem to have no control and I need HELP.

Thanks,

2. Jason2

Jason2 Guest

You have some strong biological urges there! You probably actually need to be having sex. I am reluctant to recommend marriage, because last time I did, a dude cussed me out. Marriage serves many purposes, one of which is a protection against concupiscence.

3. Charon25

Charon25 New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply Jason.
    I am also not sure if sex or marriage is the solution.
    Also when I have wet dreams I feel really tired the next day and that's why it's worse.

There has to be some other way. Can't I somehow channelize these urges for something constructive? Can I somehow tame my subconscious and get some control over my dreams? Do you recommend seeking professional help?

4. Jason2

Jason2 Guest

The old-school way is to work yourself to exhaustion every day so you won't have the energy to masturbate.

5. TRM

TRM Fapstronaut

Relax!

Hey Charon,

It's my first day here, but I've seen a lot of guys using the term "wrong" to talk about PMO.
    What if you stop thinking it's wrong?
    Think of icecram: it's tasty, but you really don't need it to survive.
    It's your choice to stop eating icecream, but you agree it's tasty.

If you put too much pressure on yourself, even your wet dreams will make you feel bad.
    What if you think this way: I don't have to PMO, but if I have a wet dream, it's ok.
    It's just your body releasing something you don't need.

Don't think of "wrong", try to think of "unnecessary".
    You should try to change your thoughs, so your subconscious would also change.

Hope you can relax, bro...
    :)