1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Closing on a 30-day reboot challenge

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by IncenseCedar, May 23, 2018.

1. IncenseCedar

IncenseCedar Fapstronaut

I hope this is the right forum to post in...

If someone had said to me 48 days ago that I could go without PMO for 30 days, I would have said they were crazy. Instead, I'm looking at my longest PMO-free run in 20 years or more! At 2:30 pm this afternoon (my time zone), the counter kicks over to 28 days. In two days, I hit the 30 day mark. I know this time is a drop in the bucket relative to some of you here, but it is big for me.

Not every day was easy, but every day brought me further into recovery and allowed me to understand my behaviors and patterns. Things I've learned:
    • I know the triggers, and while I cannot always avoid them, at least I know when to be on the lookout.
    • I have a better sense of what the "normal" mind is about, though I am a long way from being normal, if ever.
    • Feeling positive about myself is key to recovery. Shaming sucks, and letting it go is essential to progress.
    • While having someone to share recovery with is a good thing, there is only one person who can reboot, and that is me. I'm in this alone, basically, but there is support out there.
    • Nofap has been a godsend! I've met some good guys here, but mostly, I've found a brotherhood (apologies to women rebooters) of men struggling, like me, to be clean and PMO free. You all understand me and help me by responding to my posts and allowing me to think about and respond to your posts.
    • Every day of a reboot/recovery is different. But one day clean feels better than five days I act out.
    • Finally, a HUGE thanks to all you rebooters! You can do this, one day at a time!

2. myspirithurt

myspirithurt Fapstronaut

Congrats on getting to 30 days! And 9 hours lol. Thanks for sharing...Keep going, I hope to see your next success story soon.

JohnPaulGeorgeRingo likes this.
  3. JohnPaulGeorgeRingo

JohnPaulGeorgeRingo Fapstronaut

Couldn’t have said it better, keep going, we’re here to support :)

4. Atrium_Guy

Atrium_Guy Fapstronaut

Congrats brother.... well done!!!