1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope this works

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Moosa333, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Moosa333

Moosa333 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone

I'm 28 years old, gay male from South Africa. I'm logging in to introduce myself after having started nofap hard mode a couple of weeks ago. I'm not 100 percent certain if PMO is actually the source of my issues but I wanted to try something. The dysfunctions that I faced where usually when I was together will someone else and it was more on and off than continuous but it really hurt my confidence and started to make me doubt myself. I can't say for sure if it's social or sexual anxiety but I know it's not anything physical. I discovered nofap whilst trawling the net for some sort of reasoning behind this whole matter. The side effects have been hitting me hard recently. Sleeping issues, bursts of moodiness and depression, and tons of anxiety. I've not had many sexual encounters in my life so I don't know whether to chalk it up to other issues. But I'm really holding onto hope that this is the underlying issue behind everything. Sometimes hope it all you've got

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. t8031t

t8031t Fapstronaut

all the best

Moosa333 likes this.
  3. Moosa333

Moosa333 Fapstronaut

4. Hi. Welcome to forum!

Make sure you create a personal journal thread in Reboot Logs section and blog there on a regular basis. As well as just generally be active participant in various forum discussions. I recommend this to everybody new here because it's the major thing that helped me when I was first starting. Just lurking on forums, reading and learning is great. But it usually is so much more powerful to engage. It helps to keep us motivated and accountable when we are active part of community. And keeps this in front of our minds so we don't forget about importance of it and slip away in our old habits. Sharing is also therapeutic. This is a major reason why AA meetings work so good. But that was developed before internet era. These days we can get most of the same benefits online through communities like this. So don't underestimate the power of active participation.

I would also like to suggest you to look into mindfulness meditation. It has helped me personally tremendously to learn how to deal with urges and triggers. It takes a while to get good at it and notice results, so you need to be consistent with it, but once you do it's very powerful. It has been used by sages for thousands of years to deal with various issues of the mind. And in recent decades the science is also catching up to what ancient sages have know for centuries. Meditation these days are widely used as very effective tool by psychologists for treating addiction and by neurologists for supporting recovery of the brain. It is a great exercise for the brain the same way as jogging is great exercise for the body. Check out this Ted talk, it gives a good idea of what's it about when it comes to philosophy. As far as practical side of it there is this awesome smartphone app called Headspace for guided meditations to get you started.

Wish you lot's of strength and success in your reboot journey!

Moosa333 likes this.
  5. NamoBuddha

NamoBuddha Fapstronaut

Hi @Moosa333,
    Here are some helpful information.
    A success story, talking about how he overcome PMO.
    A YouTube vid, explaining the science behind addiction.
    An article, reading the benefits of nofap.
    I also suggest that you could read other success stories to keep you stay on nofap.

All the best.

Moosa333 likes this.