1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Creative writing!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 28, 2014.

1. I've started this thread because I thought it'd be cool just to see how artistically minded everyone on NoFap is. Feel free to post any poetry, short passages, or anything else cool on here, to prove that we have the power to create, even when we're fighting our very own demons!

(Plus, here's a little bit of improv, just to kick things off ;))

The lonely crystal glides upon a sea of frost, adjoined with its many brothers and sisters on their great journey. High upon the air, they travel, their fragile frames a very testament to Mother Nature's divine being.
    They travel through the twilight, growing demonic and ethereal as they bathe in the unholy glow of the moon. As night passes, the moon diminishes, purifying the crystals under the watchful gaze of the glittering stars above; crystals from another universe.
    Then, the hopeful dance of fire sparks upon the horizon, banishing the stars to oblivion. The flakes travel, with a faint curiosity of this wondrous light.
    One by one, the crystal's brothers and sisters perish to the forceful flames of the sun, and as it becomes the last to travel upon invisible waves, it faces the light, and for a brief moment in time, it is embodied with the very life-force of Nature herself. As it perishes, it renews the ether, bringing about a new age upon the horizon.

(God I love snow! One day, I'll move to Canada, Denmark or somewhere similar so I can see it every day :eek:)

JustADude likes this.
  2. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

That truely is an amazing piece of creative writing, damn, feel's :D

3. That's what I wrote today at 3am, I'm going to use it in my work, I know it looks unfinished. I am passably unable to write prose and coherent sentences but I don't like to call what I write poetry. Poetry is unattainable. Please do not take this too seriously, or do, but be very serious about it.

REPEATEDLY PUNCH MY JAW
    I ALREADY HAVE LOST MY TEETH ANYWAY
    BEAT ME LIKE IF YOU WERE A COP
    WHY AM I ALWAYS ANGSTY ON FRIDAY NIGHTS
    HUGE SWIMMING POOLS ARTIFICIAL PARADISE
    BLACK CHERRY JAM
    YOUR SENSUALITY DRIVES ME NAUSEOUS
    SCHOOLGIRL SHOOTER WITH RED LACE BRA UNDER MY DRESS
    I LOVE CONCRETE FLOORS
    TELL ME DID YOU EVER KISSED YOUR SCREEN

METEOR BLACK STAR SHE CALLS ME DARLING MAKES ME BLOODY MARIES
    POST ALCOHOL AESTHETICS SLEEP-DEPRIVED BEAUTY

FINGER FUCK MY OPEN WOUNDS YOU SMELL LIKE RED BULL AND MEDICINE
    LIPSTICK CHAPSTICK CHOPSTICKS ENERGY DRINK

PETTING THE MONSTERS IN MY CLOSET LIKE KITTY CATS
    HI MOM I'M PANROMANTIC
    HI DAD I'M PARANOIAC
    A GHASTLY GUEST
    MAGIC CREATURE
    SCREAMING WHEN ANGELS GO DOWN ON ME
    HAPPENS ONLY IN MY DREAMS
    DANDRUFF DENTURES
    DIAMOND PAST
    PASTE OF BARBELLS SWEAT
    TASTES BETTER THAN MY WOMAN JUICE
    OR ARE YOU A MAN
    AN ANCIENT CONVICT
    A CRIMINAL WITH GLITTERING PANTS
    SOMEONE I CAN'T SEDUCE
    HOLDING THE SUN BETWEEN YOUR BALLS
    WHEN YOU CRY
    SHOULD I JUST SCURRY OFF TO THE SEA
    CRUSHING CIGARETTES BUTT ON THE WET PAVEMENT

Lol. Lololololol. My second fav French rapper, Orelsan, says in a song "it's not because we can't understand what you're saying that it's poetry". Actual gpoy haha.

Your stuff was so beautiful wm mr i. I encourage you to post more if you have! Art is definitely what keeps me alive and clean.

JustADude likes this.
  4. Christ, thank you! I didn't really expect such a nice response:eek: (not to say that you were going to nuke me or anything!). 'Anne Doaphine', I really like what you've added here as well! Hopefully, if more people come on, we'll start getting a wider range of creative pieces!
    Plus, here's something I've improv'd again...

The transcendent seas of starlight bathe across the vast tenebrosity of time. The denizens of many a civilisation look up unto the heavens in wonder, some nothing more than primitives, some more advanced and greater than anything our feeble minds could ever conjure. Alike they are, intelligent and blind, they gaze across the colourful canvas of space, wondering if the wondrous beauty beholden to them could have been crafted by something of this universe. A crimson spectrum of orange, red and gold, painted by the fury of the stars, assault them, a blinding glow of white and neon assails them from the galaxies and nebulae of the departed, leaving nothing more but the seeds for the children of the celestial bodies to grow, and a myriad spectrum emeralds, rubies, sapphires and diamonds enshroud them from the clouds of gas, in which miracles are performed.
    And the Earth floats, seemingly on the very ebb and flow of the lightwaves, on the arm of a galaxy which provides not just a haven or a home, but the most beautiful sight that we mere mortals can see, regardless of our advance. We are truly blessed.

This one was about space, if you couldn't tell! Another entity that really fascinates and inspires me. When I'm a millionaire, I'll have a mars base, and I'll let people come up and view the milky way together :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    JustADude likes this.
  5. purity

purity Fapstronaut

Not that this is a contest or anything, but dude I don't think anyone can outwrite you here. I'm ashamed to even write something after reading this. Your vocabulary and prose are out of this world. I will write something up tomorrow though. No need to feel ashamed I guess lol.

Here's a couple small comments I left on a wallpaper site I was using:

What realm is this we have come upon? What great powers doth this demoness posses?!? My physical form cannot withstand such immense energy in this demonic celestial sphere!

The paradox continues...for how long have we been here? How did we get here? WHERE IS HERE? Quick, to the ferris wheel, we must find the answer we are seeking...The paradox continues...for how long have we been here? How did we get here? WHERE IS HERE? Quick, to the ferris wheel, we must find the answer we are seeking...!

JustADude likes this.
  6. SayNoToPMO

SayNoToPMO Fapstronaut

The warm gentle touch in a winters morning wakes me up more than anything
    the feeling that someone's there with me
    and that I'm safe.

There's nothing better than being on the verge of imagination and reality, dreams are not aspirations, they're the future that you can make, if you try hard enough.

JustADude likes this.
  7. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

I've read this many times at Flag Retirement Ceremonies

Black American Flag.jpg

I am the flag of the United States of America.
    My name is Old Glory.

I fly atop the world’s tallest buildings
    I stand watch in America’s halls of justice.
    I fly majestically over institutions of learning.
    I stand guard with power in the world.
    Look up and see me.

I stand for peace, honor, truth, and justice.
    I stand for freedom. I am confident.
    I am arrogant. I am proud.
    When I am flown with my fellow banners,
    My head is a little higher.
    My colors a little truer
    I bow to no one!
    I am recognized all over the world.
    I am worshiped – I am saluted.
    I am loved – I am revered.
    I am respected – I am feared.

I have fought in every battle of every war for more than 200 years.
    I was flown at Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Shiloh, and Appomattox.
    I was there at San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, in the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome and the beaches of Normandy.
    Guam, Okinawa. Korea, and Khe Sanh, Saigon, Vietnam know me.
    I was there. I led my troops.
    I was dirty, battle worn and tired,
    But my soldiers cheered me and I was proud.

I have been burned, torn, and trampled on the streets of countries that I have helped set free.
    It does not hurt for I am invincible.
    I have been soiled upon, burned, torn, and trampled in the streets of my country.
    And when it’s done by those whom I’ve served in battle – it hurts.
    But I shall overcome – for I am strong.
    I have slipped the bonds of earth and stood watch over the uncharted frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon.
    I have born silent witness to all of America’s finest hours.
    But my finest hours are yet to come.
    When I am torn into strips and used as bandages for my wounded comrades on the battle field,
    When I am flown at half mast to honor my soldier,
    Or when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving parent at the grave of their fallen son or daughter,
    I am proud.
    I am the flag of the United States of America.

JustADude likes this.
  8. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

Sorry if this is long but I wrote a short story awhile back and I would like to see what you guys think.

—Indigo.—
    I was awoken to the sound of thunder crashing outside my bedroom window.
    Granted, at the time I was only twelve and had no specific reason to fear thunder, but every child has that thing that startles them at that age so don't judge me.
    I jumped out of bed to look out the window because even though I feared thunder, I thought the sight of lightning was beautiful.
    It was as if the clouds were growing glowing trees rapidly before my eyes and the trees' sole ambition was to touch the earth with its fiery branches.
    I was startled and dumbfounded simultaneously.
    As I was watching this botany influenced light show slowly I turned to return to my bed.
    I lay myself mid crouched on the edge never taking my eyes off the window.
    Finally, as a force of sure willpower I was able to fall back asleep.
    The reason I am describing this night to you and the way of the storm is because I believe that night and the dream that followed were the sole purpose I am where I am today.
    Getting back to that night, I had just started to fall asleep when my dream state kicked in.
    In the dream I was walking down a empty side walk recognizable from the one next to my childhood home, and after about ten minutes I come upon a homeless man begging for change.
    Being the kind hearted lad I was I dropped a dollar in his cup and started on my way home when I was stopped by the homeless man.
    He thanked me and told me he would give me something in return.
    He said to remember one word when watching storms....indigo.
    I wanted to ask him how he knew about my hobby but was scared so I ran as fast as I could home so I could tell my father about what had happened, but as I reached the front door I rose up from my bed ending my dream.
    The only thing I could do was ask my dad what the word indigo meant and he told me it was the mixture of the colors purple and blue.
    As I recall the old mans eyes where a purplish blue color.
    Not to mention my favorite color was blue.
    So when I watched storms I needed to keep a look out for the blue so that I could figure out what happened when indigo was created.
    So from then on every time there was a thunderstorm I would look for blue.
    As I got older I started to be able to see a slight tint to each lightning flash never any purple but a lot of blue.
    I would document each strike by how the tint of blue lightest to dark and I did this all the way up to my twenty third birthday when I finally experienced the first purple strike ever.
    I only seen one but knew exactly what I must do and what that old man ment by indigo.
    My hypothesis was to find a way to draw a blue strike and a purple strike and combine them somehow.
    This was a problem because I waited so long for that one purple strike so I decided to live my life and finish college .
    A couple years past and I met a girl named Hana who also enjoyed storms just as much as me and it just so happen that her favorite color was purple.
    She seem to be the only one that didnt think my hypothesis was completely crazy so I fell in love with this girl and she loved me back.
    The only thing we would argue about was the tint of the lightning. She would always see purple and I would always see blue.
    But our love for each other never faulted.
    As we grew older together I never saw that purple strike until about a month before my thirty fourth birthday when you were scheduled to come into this world .
    There was a major storm going on outside and I carried you around the hospital in my arms for hours. I peeked out the window and saw two strikes simultaneously emulate a tree outside.
    At that moment I realized it had nothing to do with lightning, you were our indigo.
    Now that you are old enough for your mother to give you this you will understand.
    So I leave you this letter in my will and the final thing I have to say to my daughter is that I know your favorite color is blue and I wish you all the luck in the world in finding your purple

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    GmanUK, JustADude and Deleted Account like this.
  9. purity

purity Fapstronaut

That's cute Dubcon5. Reminded me a little bit of the game Indigo Prophecy, at least the part of you dreaming and running into a homeless man, started to get kind of out there but it's actually nice and heartwarming.

10. Oh my lord, some of the stuff coming up on here's AMAZING! Thanks to 'purity', 'SayNoToPMO', 'Squeaky Soul' and 'Dubcon 5'. I must say especially that the short story by Dubcon 5 was especially thought provoking :)

Here's another item of 'improv', a bit shorter.

"Emotions in a bottle"

The tempestuous rage boils within the fragile frame, threatening to tear it limb from limb at every contortion. In a blinding flash, the rage becomes a solemn depression, a dark fog which blackens the very frame it is held within. The body then becomes unstable, as bolts of energy surge through it, causing it to jostle and shake with an unknown madness.
    Silence. The bottle is still, it's crystalline surfaces a mirror to the eyes of the audience. In a great burst, the anima glows brightly, fuelled by some holy presence, casting a golden glow upon all those who gaze upon it.
    And the curtains are drawn, as the mind's inner eyes are closed, and the eyes contained in the world are opened, sealing the land of the dreams and conjurations away, for another day.

We're getting some cool stuff! I hope I'm not posting too regularly!:p

JustADude likes this.
  11. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

I've heard about indigo prophecy and I know it was made by the same people as heavy rain and beyond: two souls, but I've never played it. Thank you guys though, I usually write horror stories and creepypastas so I was just trying my hand at some more light hearted themes. Wm mr I, thank you for the nice words.

Here is a poem I wrote that I actually won a contest for, I'm not sure if the contest people were religious or not though:

Odd Mr. Toad

Two Boys were walking down a road,
    From out of the wood appeared a toad,
    The toad told the boys they better behave,
    Or Odd Mr. Toad would make them his slaves,

These boys were frightened not by his words,
    But the way he talked and how they heard,
    These simple words they can't admit,
    Thes simple words this amphibian spits,

Lies! They said without a reason,
    And indeed he did come the very next season,
    He made these boys his everlasting pets,
    So unless you have incredible luck with bets,

Become one of his religious fanatics,
    You'll be saved,
    It's automatic,

JustADude and Deleted Account like this.
  12. It's a cool poem, I see how you won the contest!
    I just thought I'd post another bit here, if it's ok!

Upon the great seal of the sky, the stars fade away into the tenebrosity, fleeing the great light that is to come. One by one, they are extinguished, as an unknown force makes them tremble.
    The great energy departs from it's home, seemingly at the centre of existence, travelling far to reach a tiny pebble floating around it's great width.
    The sky becomes a smouldering melting pot of colour, as if an artist created a painting that was truly alive.. The unbearable darkness purified, as it becomes first the colour of the ocean depths, then the hue of a leaf, pulsing in time with the low thrum and rhythm of the very Earth. The heavens are forged into the tint of a subdued flamingo feather, and at long last, the great fire climbs above the horizon, it's rays banishing the darkness, to retreats formed by the lonely cedars. The sky transforms into gold before their very eyes, and as the colours wrought by the energy cools, the sky settles upon an infinite azure, stretching not just into the atmosphere, but out into the very depths of space itself.

Sorry, I have kind of a space thing going! If I post too much, somebody tell me!:)

Edit: Success! We have a hot thread going!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  13. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

Hey Brothers and sister's, This is my first time posting one of my "Creative experimental outlets" here at creative writing ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS.

I've been inspired be my own spiritual experiences in as Deep Transcendental Meditation discovering who I was as a human being, with an ego, Instincts, goals and dreams.
    I also took some time to get insiration from my lucid dreaming & astral travel journals.

Recently I've been getting insiration from authors such as H.P.Loevecraft, Dean Koontz, Jack Kerouac and books like The Kyballion & The Emerald Tablets.

This short "Piece" if you call it that is Based on me meeting my other Self and accepting my dark side, instincts and understanding my Ego.
    The deeper you go you'll find the The Yin Principle(Creating Form from Nothing) & Yang Principle(Breathing life into form).

Yin: Part I - Creating Form from Nothingness:

An Entity, So subtle, Yet So Obvious....
    Creeping, lurking, watching and waiting.
    Ever Present.

I Fall asleep.
    I wake, only to find myself in the Void, beyond hopes, dreams, aspirations even beyond Time and Space itself.
    All was null, all I was left with was thought..

As I aimlessly trek the desserts of the astral plane, I am intoxicated, drowned in prescence...
    It knows me!
    I remember this familliar feeling.

...!It's, It's?!!...

I find myself paralyzed with sheer exitement, intenses anxiety, joy and fear...
    Again, I feel the weight of this presesnce..

IT'S CRUSHING!!!

Draining me of all Life force, sucking me dry of self awareness.

..!I'm Lost..

Oh No!! There it is, It's come..

So face to face I was with my ego, my dark side..
    My Instinct Incarnate..
    A feeling arises within, Internal aversion.

..Shame! I was ashamed of it, for so Long I've suppresed it.
    I was ashamed of these "gifts".

...Stillness came upon thy being, I felt cold, though non judgemental, unattached.

Witnessing, Unmoving, not careless, but, for the first time, I felt free.

Free of all attachements..

Peace was upon me, I felt Life in me again..

..I breathed life it into my darkness and It was good...

I breathed life into my thought forms..

An there I was, at the centre of my innervers, the microcosm.

Creativity flowed through me, I was me, the Universe, we became One.

...I AM..

14. Daayuuum! That's some really nice writing there, Amukadi8! Keep up your 'experimental' sessions! Is there going to be a part 2?

The mind's eye

When the gates to one world are shut
    When the sights, planes and treasures beholden to them are exiled to the mind
    And when the gates are sealed for yet another day
    Keeping the beasts and foul evils far at bay
    The vast landscape of infinity comes out to play

The gathering of emotions stir
    The myriad colours and textures begin to blur
    Figures past, present and future
    Convene in the land of make-believe
    As the gatekeepers are on reprieve.

And then the festival ends
    Causing the playback of a timeline to twist and bend
    The guards usher them back
    Upon the well-beaten track of the soul
    As they open the gates to life
    With all of it's misery and strife

It's a bit of a dark tone I tried to go for here. It's a bit slap-dash, but hopefully, it sounds a bit 'poetic'!

JustADude, KeenEye and Amukadi8 like this.
  15. bandanana

bandanana Fapstronaut

I know you haven't seen familiarity in quite a while -
    granted, we've been sheltered under snow for days
    but I don't think we were expecting our constant dismays
    when we trespassed into this trial.

A formal greeting granted,
    Passageways - our intentions slanted
    Into false morals and morales
    (It was all for fun, we said
    But we were gunning ourselves dead)
    Our hearts were abandoned corals.

---

Free-writing is such an alien thing to do... I'm so used to structuring my writing a lot LOL.

JustADude and Amukadi8 like this.
  16. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

17. Marz.Magician

Marz.Magician Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, just wanted to get your advice on starting/taking up creative writing or just poetry to aid and preoccupy myself with on my nofap journey.

Keep it up Amukadi8, that piece u posted was refreshing and cant wait for the next part!!

Deleted Account, Gilbert and Amukadi8 like this.
  18. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

I wrote a parody of The Raven by Edgar Alan Poe a couple of years ago, it was called The Bacon haha, was pretty chuffed might share it when on my computer.

19. The best advice I can say is to write exactly how you feel like. In some of my posts, I spent quite a while really thinking about what I'd write about, and would repeatedly change parts, until it sounded right. Other people might write exactly what comes out in the moment, or you might spend ages (often a rule I've heard is to 'not delete', which forces you to type everything correctly, and think exactly what you're going for).

Basically, find a natural writing style that suits you. I'd recommend getting into reading some good fiction literature, as it really helps expand your mental dictionary! Even if you're not a massive fan of reading, there's a book out there for everybody!

Marz.Magician likes this.
  20. I feel like I have Cotard's syndrome: my flesh rotting, all my internal organs gone, thinking I am dead while walking around a live. This world doesn't include corpses in its emergency protocols. I'm thinking that money, buying stuff, working at a dead-end job, dealing with corrupt politicians is nothing but a slow death. Slow death indeed. Oh the sun and trees and starts bleached by modernity overexposed by artificial light. Nothing is a live. Everything is dead. We are all walking corpses, putrefying in our shoes.

Amukadi8 and JustADude like this.