Where PMO Meets OCD

For Fapstronauts interested in mental health.

1. lady amalthea

lady amalthea Fapstronaut

I've experienced this overlap of PMO addiction and OCD where I started to fantasize about my intrusive thoughts. Like for whatever reason my fears turned into a fetish and I can't quite figure out why. My best guess is that I was so stressed out by certain fears and intrusive thoughts and I couldn't find a way to control it so I just started getting off to them?? Like I said it's hard for me to figure out why, they'd still make me anxious all throughout the fantasizing and afterwards it felt even worse because I'd be profoundly ashamed. Maybe it was a way to punish myself for not being able to make the anxious-obsessive thoughts go away, I don't know.

If anyone else with OCD has gone through something similar or understands what's going on could give me their input that would be appreciated.

IdleHandsX likes this.
  2. Wario32

Wario32 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have OCD as well, I have intrusive thoughts but mine are more social based but they all stem from the thing.
    Have you heard about Mark freeman? I can give you link to his youtube videos. His advice is probably the best on the subject and it helped me get a great understanding on what
    OCD is all about.

IdleHandsX and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Hi Wario. Yes, please do. :)

4. Wario32

Wario32 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Here's some good videos to get started

I highly recommend watching his top 10 tips to beat OCD and check out the FAQ on his website
    https://www.markfreeman.ca/the-ocd-faq/

If it wasn't for this guy I would still be a bad place. He does excellent job explaining OCD and what you should do.

5. lady amalthea

lady amalthea Fapstronaut

I've researched a lot about OCD bc I've had it for a long time but this guy brought up a some points that I haven't heard before. That really helped, thanks.

IdleHandsX and Wario32 like this.