1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90+ days no PMO but still a ways to go...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by nonfap, Aug 17, 2018.

1. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

I made it to 90+ days of no PMO. That is no P, no M, no O (except that I had one nocturnal emission on night 88 or 89 ).

From days 80 - 90, they seemed to go by so slow. And after day 90 it seems I've forgot about it and time has gone by fast. I'm now at day 101. But over the last few days I've had some trouble with P subs.

It all started when I went swimming, I couldn't help but look at the women in their bathing suits. I wish I would have tried to "eye bounce" or just not went swimming. But it seemed to set me off on a P sub binge, which is not good.

I know I need to be very careful now and hold on to this progress. I do feel like I've broken the habit of PMO in my life but I know how easily I can fall back into it.

The P subs have kind of activated my system and now there is more pressure, urges, fantasies than before. But I believe I can get things back to a lower level if I just try and be careful.

My main goal is to never look at P again and I have met that goal for these 90+ days. I'm really glad that I have not MOed these 90+ days as well and I believe this a huge key to success overall. This is only the beginning and I'll keep fighting on. I still have a ways to go.

Thank you to @Xigwon @namaycush @Shin Iu @bike-wrench @Brahmakumar101 @Arms.R.heavy @en0026 @cleanliving81 @outplan @Sam_ba @Freeman82 @BM0 @montstar84 @Enrique1 @Meshuga @Endless Night @Vivek2.0 @IGY @M4rk @Cooldude4 @FURPY @iHappy @Jodo Kus for helping me on previous posts.

I'll continue writing on my latest journal soon.

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that I probably have not gone without MO for 90+ days in 25+ years, so I'm really glad about that.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. bike-wrench

bike-wrench Fapstronaut

Well done, and thanks for the callout. That's quite a crew to be associated with; I'm honored to be among them.

Oy. Careful... keep it together. Do the next right thing.

3. Congratulations, that is an accomplishment. And good job on recognizing that the views at the pool have a pull on you and affect you.
    Best wishes on the continued journey.

4. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

Thanks @bike-wrench, your comments are very helpful and your current 289 days is inspiring!

Thanks @Freddiefox, yes I really need to be careful going swimming to ignore my surroundings . I've seen some things that affect me. I don't go swimming that often and I haven't gone much at all during these 90+ days. I need to take note of this and remember.

5. Inactive User

Inactive User Fapstronaut

Whoa, awesome job bro! Keep it up and never go back!

6. ReadyToStop

ReadyToStop Fapstronaut

Congrats on a great 101 day run, @nonfap. I am only 14 days in but i'm starting to have some similar urges. I work with a lot of young women and I'm encountering situations much like what you mentioned. The fact is we're going to need to live in the world with temptation everywhere, but one thing leads to another and we could end up in a nasty relapse. Attraction leads to the urge to release and reward.

I'm looking at this as a chance to go to "the next level". My experience with addiction told me you never really kick it unless you have the ability to exist near the triggers and associations that created problems in the first place without relapsing.

I used to smoke cigarettes. It was a nightmare. I could go for a while with no urges, but once I caught a glimpse of one of my buddies that I would smoke with my urges would spike. The pleasure receptors in my brain connected their presence with my habit of smoking. I quit over and over again but never past level 1, meaning i could resist smoking only when triggers where not around. Level 2 meant I could be around them and not have the urges. Eventually, after time and time again of not smoking when I saw my friends ( always at the office ) the pleasure receptor connections seemed to dry up and shut down. Now I'm truly free of my cigarette addiction.

You and I are doing great at level 1, but we'll need to learn to be around women and girls in the real world. You're getting urges so you just need to ignore them. Each passing moment that you stay strong the passageway between influence ( psubs ) and reward ( MO ) fails to connect. Eventually that passageway closes down. Every time the connection fails, you win and get a little stronger. I hope this makes sense.

7. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

I haven't had much time recently to post but

@Xigwon Thanks, yes I can't go back

@ReadyToStop yes fortunately this binge of P subs recently there was no MO and I've been without MO for 113 days now. I agree there are a few different connections that I need to break. I think I've identified what lead to the P sub problem, and a big factor was multiple days swimming and seeing women in bathing suits before the P sub binge. Since then I have seen women while swimming and I've been getting more used to it.

All I know is that I need to hold on to this progress of 113 days now. The last two weeks have gone by quick and have been relatively very easy because I haven't been alone and I haven't been on the computer/internet much.