1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Been trying to quit for years...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by JustZissGuyYouKnow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. JustZissGuyYouKnow

JustZissGuyYouKnow Fapstronaut

Just found this group. I've been looking for something other than SA for a long time - I never felt quite right there, and it never really worked for me. I need to quit this. It's been ruling my life for far too long. I really hope that this community can help me to achieve that.

2. rocky0

rocky0 Fapstronaut

I'm a newbie myself, and I think the tone of the community feels very different from anything I've tried before. The people here are knowledgeable and can identify with the struggles and the failures.

First thing I did was start up a new journal thread, with the resolution to update it once a day. Just knowing that there are people on here who want to help, and who want to be inspired by your successes, and also by the way you respond to your failures, will hopefully keep us coming back to update daily.

Reading some of the journal threads and discussions on the forum, I've found already that my understanding is getting rewired. PMO is stealing time and strength from so many guys, not just me. But it's beatable. And we aren't alone in the fight.

I hope we can both put down roots here and grow out of the pit PMO habits have dug for us!