1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Medical Student's success story

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by awesome12, Jan 14, 2015.

1. awesome12

awesome12 Fapstronaut

Wow guys I don't know what to say, I wish I could go back in time and change the way how things were. I am a Medical student, we study like hell, 24/7. and when I M, I knew I was gonna get tired whole night when studying, but I keep doing that.... almost cying (knowing I'm left with bunch of medical books to read night long). Yeah I was unhappy doing it but I keep doing it, I've never opened myself to anyone about this, and it was killing me, I was super genius in high school before I started PMO, but after I get addicted to PMO, all of a sudden my ability goes down, I became too lazy compared to the performance I used to have. I was hopeless, and I knew my life is gonna get ruined if i continue PMO, that I was surfing on the web in searching for solutions, and I find this community. Wow, brothers and sisters thank you so much, you make me feel alive again and hold a new grip in my life indeed!!!! Now, I feel more commited to my studies.

2. immanuel.iitd

immanuel.iitd Fapstronaut

Dear Friend, Do not worry first of all. you are not alone, there are million people are with you. I am also a doctor but not in medicine but PhD. I am also much brilliant and talented. But I am also suffered by this PMO from the day I joined PhD. I also dis excessive PMO due to the studies. But recently I hit 30 PMO free days. I just locked my computer by cybersive, K9 web protection (we need to set unknown password and delete). And reading cold shower. apart from that I read many stories in this nofap.com every night.

Do not give up otherwise the PMO will reduce your smartness in the over period of time. read sucess stories. and change your self image. God bless you

3. rockyadmirable

rockyadmirable Fapstronaut

Guy don't be disappointed about your past.I am also in medical school. I am about to graduate in 2016.My story seems similar to you. But my story is more devastating. Don't compare with me. But fortunate that i have found my actual problem and eliminating the problem and growing good habit my life seems now in turn arround to the right track.
    My passion with study is coming back.Fortunately i am enjoying everyday without PMO.
    But remember dude, we have to go a long way.
    It's only the start. We can make it through.
    Keep faith on yourself
    Best wishes,
    rocky

4. bandanana

bandanana Fapstronaut

Glad you're seeing the benefits of being fap-free!
    I'm a student too, doing architectural technology, and the course load is really intense. The extra time, extra energy and better focus from abstaining PMO just helps so much with school.

5. looking

looking Fapstronaut

I've totally seen how PMO effects schoolwork. I'm in high school, and man has PMO made this hell.

Hours a day staring at homework trying to understand what was taught today, and how to use it, while my brain creeps along at a slow pace...One far slower than I was used to two years ago, when everything felt easy if I just focused.

Stick with it dude, I have no doubt that PMO hinders all of the brain's abilities in some way...

6. awesome12

awesome12 Fapstronaut

that was really supportive sir, I'm glad that I come here and meet with such motivating people like you

7. awesome12

awesome12 Fapstronaut

yeah bro, let's do it!!!