1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Into to the Community

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by sirkingsley, Oct 21, 2018.

1. sirkingsley

sirkingsley New Fapstronaut

Hi Everyone,

I joined the site today and wanted to introduce myself. I have been involved in PMO since my pre teen years, and I'm now 33. It developed into a problem for me early on, but I was able to deny that pretty easily using the "it's natural" line. The constant availability of online content has made it even harder to limit my intake. I have found myself seeking out an ever increasing fix, and am scared to think where that might end up. I come from a family with a strong tradition of substance abuse, and my behavior makes a lot of sense in that context. Seeing where addiction has led others in my family shows me just how serious this is, and I'm no longer willing to accept it as a fact of life that I have no control over this.

This addiction has had a negative impact on my relationships, career, and social life, as well as on my self image. It feels like I'm leading a double life and like I can't be truly honest with my girlfriend and friends and family. I'm excited to become part of a community that recognizes this as a real issue. I've never discussed this with anyone, and as scary as it is I know it's a good thing to talk to others with similar issues.

2. Welcome!
    Good to see you here ready to take back control of your life. Stay strong! :)

sirkingsley likes this.
  3. sirkingsley

sirkingsley New Fapstronaut

4. ten-eleven-tristar

ten-eleven-tristar Fapstronaut

I know the exact feeling. I hate the feeling that you're hiding something - and heaven forbid if anyone ever found out!