1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to make money short-term

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Listen, I really need some help on this.. I have a decent side job that I'm raising my hours to near full time (I'm in school). I get $4.35 an hour + tips. Tips alone, without my wage, I get $10-$15 an hour. For example, today I worked 3.5 hours and got $70 in tips, then add on my wage.

I'm with my parents house for the moment until august and i dont pay rent. I pay for gas and some food payments, not groceries. I dont have a girlfriend and i stopped buying weed so im saving alot of money. I reduced my food intake that cost additional money.

Some of my buddies do stocks, i have 23 shares of MVIS but i dont like stocks bc theyre sketchy. Are there any things to put money in with relatively no risk? My savings account at my bank is way to slow interest.

I'm not doing drugs or around drugs at the moment. But I know the business well, I know how to sell drugs and how to do it well. Especially weed, I can buy a good amount and flip it all bc Im not smoking right now. I could really make a profit. I'm considering it, but I would have to sell on the road and/or other locations, which is my main concern.

After thinking maybe not, I was thinking of buying stuff on craigslist and flipping it, like cars and such. Might be harder than it looks.

Any additional ideas?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I'm thinking of buying real-estate and/or property as well. It would have to be on a small-scale basis, if that exists.

3. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Eliminate debt - this is the easiest and fastest way to increase you net worth.

Flipping stuff is good if you you're good at it. Contractors/realtors can make a killing at this.

If you're investing and want lower-risk stocks, try ETFs. They take a cross-section of the market and rise/fall with the overall trends, as opposed to individual stocks.

? ? ? and Deleted Account like this.
  4. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

5. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

Maybe not harder than it looks, but a lot more work than you think. People who do that type of thing have to approach it like a full time job. You really have to do your homework and know the market. If you want to make any real money doing it anyway. If it were quick and easy everyone would be doing it.

"Day Trading" stocks can be lucrative. But again, you really have to know what you are doing before you jump in.

6. Holly Fudge.

$4.35 an hour? We make $18.93 an hour ($719.20 a week) on an minimum wage (at McDonalds) in Australia but that is excellent tips man. Must be so cheap to live in the US, would love to come visit some day.

7. Is it true police are on $9 an hour?

8. Since this thread is a bit old... What is the latest update?

9. ? ? ?

? ? ? Fapstronaut

lol .

LEPAGE likes this.
  10. Minimum wage is different in Australia compared to US, and is that US currency? The $4 was nothing (after taxes), so tips was my job. I was bringing in about 80$ a shift and my shift was only 3-4 hours. So I would walk home w $80 profit plus a small amount on my paycheck ,but the wage is just there bc it has to be

11. Sticked w my job. Just got a new job. Didn't have time for a true side hustle bc school, whatnot. Decided not to sell drugs just because

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  12. Isuperman

Isuperman Fapstronaut

I participate online game prediction and won pretty much money ......its little like gambling but you need to perfect prediction, research and team updates

13. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

It varies a lot from state to state. My cousin is married to a highway patrol officer. They were planning on moving to arizona, but changed their minds after finding out state troopers get paid a lot less down there.

14. DortchRules

DortchRules Fapstronaut

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

15. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

He's being paid to advertise websites which are likely scams. Check his post history, if he doesn't delete it when he sees this post.

Edit: And actually you are too, lol. Working together?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  16. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Best way for short term money?

Live like a minimalist.