I have destroyed my life due to masturbation

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Jarvis1997, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Jarvis1997

Jarvis1997 New Fapstronaut

Hi all.

I am a newbie to NoFap® community. Let me get to the point straightaway. I have destroyed my life due to masturbation.

I am 21 years old, never been in a relationship, so you would be guessing what part of life is destroyed? Pretty much everything.

I remember myself as a child being obsessed with wanting to learn Math and science. They kept me awake even if I didn't go to bed the previous night. I used to love to learn those subjects. I wanted to be a scientist. Very badly. Period

Now I am an undergraduate student. I feel zero motivation to study. In fact to do anything. Half of the time I am on YouTube channels that deal with motivation. I guess I have done a serious damage to my dopamine system. I have fallen deep into the well. All I can see is a tiny spec of light on top, and fear of not climbing the well.

I have stopped masturbation strictly from today onwards. I want to have the life that I desired. I am afraid if it's too late to get it.

It would be really nice if someone could help me regarding this. Any advice or tips will be gracefully, sincerely accepted from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Fapstronaut

One day at a time. Congratulations for having the wisdom to see your shortcomings. That is a gift. Welome .

Deleted Account and Jarvis1997 like this.
  3. co_biz

co_biz Fapstronaut

Engineer here who had moments in college much like your describing. Your choice to recognize and take steps to improve is admirable and the exact right step. Today was the right day.

We’re going to get the repairs we need together and get back on track. Good luck and don’t hesitate to get in touch!

Jarvis1997 likes this.
  4. Hi @Jarvis1997 , everything can be restored, you are very young and the brain can rewire.
    It is a big step if you can understand what is triggering your urges, because this will allow you to be awake and kill those urges as soon as they appear.

I recommend you to create your own "Emergency Toolbox" with readings that can be handy to read when you start feeling urges to screw up.
    I can share this post with you with my own Emergency Toolbox, it helped me a lot during the first few months, i had them in my cell and read them every time I started falling down:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...y-first-320-days-of-reboot.62938/#post-473978

I wrote some tips in this post that perhaps will help you too:

http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/tips-that-helped-me-to-start-my-reboot.46617/#post-330318
    You can watch some interesting videos which are also very helpful in this post:
    http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?th...t-help-me-a-lot-during-my-reboot.39774/page-2

I also suggest you to read "Breaking the Cycle" by George Collins, it is a must-read if you are serious about getting rid of this addiction.
    To get more focus and feel happier with life I recommend you to start doing meditation.. I have been using an App called Headspace for the last two months which is great if you have never meditated before. The first 10 sessions are free if you want to give a try. I used to feel a bit depressed or feeling without energy to start new projects in my life, and meditation has helped me a lot with this.

Last but not least, I would strongly recommend you to take the NoFap Academy course if you can afford it. The course is great but the best value are the weekly video calls with @alexander (the creator of NoFap and NoFap Academy) and Mark Queppet, where you can chat with them in real life and listen to other guys's stories and problems too.

I hope that all this helps you to fight this shitty addiction.
    Let's keep on fighting

Fercho

5. Jarvis1997

Thank you sir.

6. Jarvis1997

Thank you so much sir. With your good words I will surely try my best to get back on track!

7. Jarvis1997

I shall forever be very grateful for all your good,kind words and the resources you have provided. Right now, I am financially very bad, due to masturbation that has destroyed my life. Nevertheless, I have decided to change my life strictly, and get back running towards my destiny no matter how hard it gets. I m indeed into meditation and like you said, it is very helping.

Thank you so much for your response and your resources. I shall forever remain indebted to you.

fercho29 likes this.