1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Everybody!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Cheers mate, I don't know how well I'm mentally prepared but at least I'll keep trying. I know lots more about how it works and about myself, so I'm better equipped than I was years ago.

And I'm not sure where you're at but hopefully you're on your way to getting healthy, this bloody thing saps your strength and willpower but as long as you don't give up it'll eventually break.

2. Its good to know a little of your back story, so thanks for sharing. (By the way i know im a little late reading this lol) It seems like you had it pretty bad, but at least you recognized it and started making good progress. Youve been doing really well since youve been here. Sure youve had some slip ups, but all in all youre a good job and its inspires me to see to see you pushing through all the stress and situations you have to fight through, even more so now that i know how bad you had it. So anyway, i just stumbled on this post and i wanted to give my two cents. Good luck and keep going toward a better life.

(Insert creative lord of the rings meme here ;) )

3. 1wi!!RISE!

1wi!!RISE! Fapstronaut

I know I am extremely late for reading this but I just saw your posts in The Team Challenge and then suddenly I saw you on a random thread so I wondered it was destiny and thus I decided to reply.

Looks like you have started doing better after joining the community, and trust me it's so good that you got the problem off your chest by sharing it with us all. By my personal experience I can say that half of the problem is solved by simply sharing it.

Even I am a new member and even I want to join the next Team Challenge, it's a great idea. You can ready my story too in the Under 20 section with the title 'A dreamer who needs your help'. BTW I also wanted to just tell other people this because I haven't posted for 7 days on my thread : I am on my Day 7!!!!!!!! Oh My Fucking God!!!!!!!!!!! My high score is 16 days and I had not crossed 4 days for like
    5 months!!!!! But this is my huge break through. I will 'try' to post regularly on my thread from now. And Ginny please change your DP from a girl to something 'not a female' because if you read my thread then you will know that I have a special masturbating ability which will make me M just because of the DP of the Harry Potter Character. And I don't want that too happen, because I am already aroused right now by seeing it after all it's been 7 days so any small thing is also triggering me.

All the best, hope you get rid of the addiction soon!

4. While I can't say if sharing my story has helped me much, I do know this community has helped loads in my recovery and will to push on. Without folks like @What I Do That Defines Me, @Moon Shot, @GSW9, as well as other folks, I would of been absolutely bloody screwed. And most of all, if I didn't have the loving support of my partner I surely would of given up many moons ago.

I'm confused what does DP mean? My profile picture? If it is I'm sorry but I'm not going to change that or even something like my name for someone, it's not normally a triggering thing and honestly literally anything can be a trigger to someone. If I had something sexual or purposeful then aye it should be changed, but if it's a personal trigger innit something you should work on? I mean I don't tell other folks to change something just because of my own personal struggle, that wouldn't be fair. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just those are our own triggers and they're things we need to work out for ourselves.

I hope you get to where you want to be mate.

5. I'm chuffed you found me post inspiring mate, I always hope I can at least help one person even if it's in some small way.

I'm far from perfect and am always on the look out and verge of slipping up, I'm always so knackered because of it. But we're all human and each of us suffers in a similar way, we're united and the help we give one another inspires us to strive for better health and an honest, happy life like we all deserve.

To me you've made progress yourself and I hope not just the challenge but others on here are helping you find your path, and are encouraging you to push yourself and grow. You have it in you to do so and if this ol' wonky lass can do it so can you!

6. I appreciate the mention and im glad if i helped :)

I wouldnt either. No offense to anybody, but if you cant see a girtls face without masturbating then you got bigger problems. Plus, if it makes iut past the mods its fair game

Yeah, i always like reading about people with struggles who are still making progress. To me thats a hell of a lot more inspiratipnal than some success stories i've read where people breeze right through on their first try with no dfifficulty because i obviously cant relate to those people.

Yep, i totally agree

Thanks a lot. Ive got a long way to go, but i feel i have made progress. Thetrs a lot longer between relaspses now and no binging, so its a start. And yeah, ive gotten more than my share of support and inspiration on this site and i will go all the way one day soon, i can feel it...by the way, i know you've gotta be sicvk of hearing it, but i love those words yuou use..."ol wonky lass"... it makes my day ;)

Deleted Account and 1wi!!RISE! like this.
  7. @Ginny Weasley Thanks for the mention, I just uplifted you with positive messages.. Whatever work was put in, was done by you !! So kudos to you for keep going when the going got tough!! I've seen you've come a long way, cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2018
    Deleted Account and 1wi!!RISE! like this.