1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex Transmutation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by mijereah, Feb 4, 2015.

1. mijereah

mijereah Fapstronaut

Has anyone else read this chapter on Sex Transmutation by Napolean Hill? I am trying to get a summary on this and wanted to know all your guys thoughts on it. It seems to me that the underlying thesis of this chapter is that men of great power and influence have never gotten that way except by the power and influence of a WOMAN. Wow, that is a big bite to take. I am a bit confused though by the whole chapter, but it gets a little more clear towards the end. My second thought on it is, "why should I make all this money or doing anything if there is no woman by my side"? This questions has plagued me for so long and I think it is a key to winning the battle with NoFap.

here is the link to the chapter:
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/tgr/tgr16.htm

2. I think this is where the superpowers come from, that energy and focus that many people get after so long. The idea of actually being in a genuine relationship with, as Napoleon hill said, a 'great woman'. They use this newfound drive in order to accomplish things that they wouldn't have had the focus to do because of the fapping. I always find that after about a week of nofap, I have a great amount of energy and the commitment to get things done. I don't have a girlfriend, but I want one, and that accomplishment I feel when I complete something constructive is what gives me the confidence to go out and find one (and keep one). I hope my theory helps.

3. longhauler

longhauler Fapstronaut

I don't think you need a woman (or a man if you're gay) in order to achieve greatness. Just look at Newton, Tesla, and the Wright brothers.

I'll have to read that book eventually, can't comment on it now. Personally, I see sexual transmutation as transmuting your sexual energy into other avenues besides sex (and masturbation). Let that sexual energy flow out into your creative endeavors, let it empower you towards your highest ambitions in life

As for why you should make all that money? Find your own reason. Sex is a powerful motivator but the point of sexual transmutation is that sex can be anything, not just sex

4. Yes. Relationship or not, the sex energy can be used for other purposes. A lot of the great characters from history practiced what is essentially nofap. It's a great book, I read it a while back. And you're right, find your own reason for retaining your sexual power.

5. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Wow, interesting book.

6. dedManfapping

dedManfapping Fapstronaut

7. dedManfapping

dedManfapping Fapstronaut

8. Thanks for the links, I hope that they might help someone.