1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting my NoFap Journey Today! Brief Intro and Background.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by jboy2014, Jan 8, 2019.

1. jboy2014

jboy2014 New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone!

For a long time I've been interested in this NoFap thing but today I've finally mastered up the willpower to take the first step towards no more PMO long term.

I've been fapping ever since I was around 13 and I am now 23. I've certainly noticed my addiction for it grow over the years like some sort of unwanted attachment that I desperately need and this is inhibited my self confidence, my relationships and my love/sex life badly. I tried NoFap once for 6 weeks in mid 2018 but went back to my old habits not long afterwards. This time I'm getting back into it but I will take it one day at a time although 90 days will be the first long term goal.

Looking forward to hearing people's stories and motivational advice which has been important in getting me on here in the first place. Also it would be great to have an accountability partner if anyone is up for that!
    All the best,
    jboy2014

joy2move likes this.
  2. Welcome to the journey. I am also new here( 3 days older than you) and trust me joining this community has made me feel more accountable. Taking it one day at a time. Yes I feel PMO has become a unwanted part of my life as well and impacting my marriage negatively. I want to say good bye to this ugly habit.

3. OptimusPehla

OptimusPehla Fapstronaut

Hi and welcome to the NoFap community. I'm thrilled that you've joined as I find this to be a place where people understand what we go through, they're honest, sincere, hopeful and they're great to be accountable with. I'd recommend you do two things:

1. Find a powerful purpose or reason for you to give up PMO that isn't external like doing it for your girlfriend/wife/god etc.. Whilst these are noble reasons, you'll end up slipping up as you're doing it for others and not for yourself. Reflect on a powerful internal purpose which you can align your struggle to.

2. Find an AP that is honest, hopeful, and gets it. You can post a message in the AP forum and I'm sure someone will touch base to help.

Let me know if I can be of any support - all the very best. Enjoy the journey ahead!